Chapter- 4

At the Salvatore boarding house, Andie checks her watch and puts

on her jacket as she walked down the stairs. Damon follows behind her, carrying her scarf. "I'm late, This is such a crazy day. I'm, uh, covering the historical society's high tea." She informs him, she has a bandage over her bite mark.

"Ohh! thrilling" He says sarcastically, while fixing her scarf. They walk to the main hallway leading to the front door.

"Yeah. It's for some visiting writer. He's writing a book on small-town Virginia. It's a big snooze." She says.

"Writer? What's his name?" He asks, suddenly curious.

"Uh, Elijah Smith. He's also bringing his wife." She says shrugging her shoulders.

"Smith? He's using Smith" He asks incredulously. "And he's bringing his wife?"

"Yes"

"Ok. You have your story straight in your mind, right?" He asks her. She nods happily.

"I can't say that you bit me or drank my blood, just that we hit it off and I really like you. You are terrific, though. You're sweet, funny, you're honest." Damon smiles, grabs the sides of her head and compels her.

"And you're falling hard."

"You might be the one." Andie tells him smiling.

"Perfect" He opens the front door for Andie. Alaric stands on the front porch, having not knocked yet. "Have a great day honey." He kisses her and bids her goodbye.

"Oh. Hey, Alaric. Later" She acknowledges him. Andie gets in the car and leaves.

"My new girlfriend, Andie star, action news" He smirks.

"It's not called action news." Alaric tells him.

"I know. I just like saying it. Come on." Alaric comes inside. Damon shuts the door behind and leads him to the parlor. "So John Gilbert gave me this to kill Elijah." Damon unrolls the cloth from its protective cloth. "Said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the originals, if there's any truth in that." Damon hands the dagger to Alaric.

"So you think it's a setup?" Alaric asks him.

"It could be. Guy's a weasel. Wouldn't put anything past him." He turns around and heads towards the bar. "What are you up to today, Mr. Saltzman?"

"Well, Jenna and I were supposed to go to her family's lake house, but somehow, we both got roped into doing this historical society thing at the Lockwood's." Alaric tells him with a sigh.

"Where Elijah's the guest of honor?" Damon asks with a smirk.

"Tell me you're not gonna kill him at the tea party."

"No. That would be stupid. Alaric looks at him with a skeptical look. "I want to know his endgame before I kill him but I do think it's time Elijah and I officially met."