Back to hell which is called life

A few days passed on the police station before Daniel was finally able to go home without leaving Pia in her cell with a panic attack. He packed everything important and then went back to the station with 2 suitcases to pick up Pia. He let her out of the cell and took her to his car. She got in and he drove off. It was quiet the whole trip until Pia turned on some music. It was mostly old music from the 90's and 80's but that didn't matter as they both loved the music and sang along. Daniel saw Pia really laugh for the first time and it made him very happy in some way. Then, half an hour later, they arrived at her house. She rang the bell and the door opened.
"Pia! You're back!" her mother shouted through the whole neighborhood.
"Yes..", she replied sheepishly.
Her mother took her in her arms and hugged her tightly. Daniel was currently also going into the house and was eyed with distrust.
"Who is that Pia?" asked her father.
"So this is the policeman Daniel.."
She hid a bit behind him.
"Why were you at the station? What happened? And who is this Daniel? What problems did he talk about on the phone?" They overwhelmed her with questions.
She narrowed her eyes and bowed her head.
"Excuse me but I think you can see that your daughter is not able to comment on all the questions right now," Daniel interrupted her parents.
Her parents just looked at the young man in disbelief and then back at Pia. Daniel smiled at them briefly and then went upstairs to Pia's room. Of course he took her and his luggage with him.
"Daniel..?"
"Yes?"
"Are you going to sleep here..?"
"No don't worry. I'll sleep next door."
"Oh ok..", she looked down a bit sadly.
"Why do you ask?"
"I don't want to be alone overnight..."
"If you don't mind, I can sleep here tonight, too," he said.
"Yes, please..."
"OK."
Daniel put his bags down and looked around her room.
"Beautiful room."
Then his eyes fell on the keyboard and the guitar.
"You play keyboard and guitar?"
"More keyboard. I'm not that good at guitar yet."
He laughed lightly.
"Guitar isn't that easy either. That's true."
He took it and played on it a bit.
"Would you like to play me something on the keyboard?" he asked.
"Yes.. I can do it..", with this sentence she sat down at the keyboard and started to play 'River Flows in You'. He listened to her and sat on her bed. She looked beautiful playing. So free. He admired her playing and kept asking if she could play another song. She did, and so the whole afternoon passed.
In the evening they had supper and then Pia took him to her room and turned on her laptop. She turned on Netflix and searched for a series.
"What series do you want to watch Daniel?" she asked him.
"Um...an anime series or something?" he said.
She nodded and started an anime series. They sat on the bed and watched for a while until Pia fell asleep. He covered her up, got some bedding and then went to bed too.
He dreamed of her playing the piano and he could always listen to her. In his dream he had been with her for a while. She had recovered and had these phases under control now, which would mean he would have to leave soon. He smiled sadly. He was proud of himself and Pia that they had managed to neutralize them again when it came to the topic of murderers and such. The next moment he was in his car, waving at her one last time. She cried and looked after his car. He drove home and first lay down on the couch. After a few minutes he got a call from an unknown number. He answered and asked who was there. First there was only a faint rustling for a while, then a soft voice. "Please.. come back... they're doing it again..." she whispered. Then a bang was heard. The door opened and then a voice was heard screaming. "Why didn't you just become a normal kid?! What did we do wrong with you?" she screamed. Then there was a clapping and a scream from another person. She was beaten again and again. He was shocked, it was terrible what he had heard there. At some point he only heard a soft cry. "Hello? Are you still there?" he asked. "Daniel.. come back..", she said and then he recognized Pia's voice. A bang was heard again. she screamed.
He woke up drenched in sweat.

------------------------------------------

Well, let's see..