The first day with him...

"Daniel..? Is everything okay?" asked a voice.
"Yes. What about you? Are you okay?" he asked concerned.
"Yes. I'm alright."
He let out a relieved breath. "I had a nightmare.. Tell me, has it ever happened that your parents hit you?"
"Uh.. yes.. why?" she asked confused."I dreamed about it. It was horrible. I don't want to leave you alone.. not that anything happens to you."
"It's okay. I survived 16 years here. So I'll probably survive another 2 years."
"I hope so... You're so nice and personable.. I wish you could leave here. A violent household only makes your situation worse.. But you can't stay at the station," he mused aloud."And orphanage?"
"Never. I won't go along with that. It's like a spanking, it'll only make you madder."She nodded and took his hand. He squeezed her and she pushed back."Thanks for worrying about me so much Daniel," she said.
He looked at her. "It's the least I can do. And actually, that's your parents' job, not mine."She nodded and looked at him too. Then she blushed. 'He saw me sleeping.. And he slept right next to me. We slept in one bed.. luckily I was dressed.' she thought nervously.
"Pia?" he tore her out of her thoughts. "Is everything OK?""What? Yeah." She smiled nervously."I'll get dressed and get ready then."'Wait wait.. Get dressed?! Did he sleep naked?!' she thought.Daniel got up and pulled a pair of sweatpants over the underpants he was wearing. She blushed even more and stood up quickly.
"I'm sorry if you didn't want me to sleep with you..." he apologized."No no.. that wasn't the problem.. more like how much clothing you wore to sleep..""Oh.. I'm sorry. I'll sleep in the other room from next night."
She nodded, he went to the bathroom and she changed into new clothes. Then she went to the bathroom too."My parents are already gone so we can have breakfast undisturbed. And this afternoon or so we can go into town or go for a walk," she said.He nodded. "Yes we'll do that."
She was looking forward to it. Then they went downstairs and ate their breakfast."What are we going to do for so long?"

"Shall we continue watching the anime?"

"Gladly."
And so they spent 4 hours watching the anime until Pia looked at her watch and jumped up.
"Come on. It's afternoon, we're going for a walk."
She went upstairs and put on a pair of jeans. Daniel followed her and also put on something else. Then they went downstairs, gathered everything and then went for a walk outside.He walked beside her and you could tell he was at least half a head taller than her. He brought up a topic and then he couldn't get a word in. She talked non-stop on this subject and would not let herself be interrupted. Daniel didn't mind, so he just walked beside her and sometimes gave a 'yes', 'no', 'maybe', 'mhm' or just a nod. They didn't realize that it was getting late and the sun was slowly setting.
In the meantime, the two had sat down on a park bench and eaten their takeaway meal. They sat by the river and watched ducks being fed by a boy across the river. Then they realized that it was already 5:49 p.m. They finished their meal and then slowly walked on. Daniel finally got a chance to speak and told something about his life and his family. She listened to him attentively and smiled now and then.
Then there was a gust of wind and she felt cold. "Brr.. why didn't I bring a jacket..", she whispered to herself, but Daniel heard it and gave her his jacket. She refused but he didn't give up, in the end she had the jacket on.
She looked around the park and saw a group of young people sitting on a bench."Do you know them?" Daniel asked and at the same moment she shook her head.
"Let's move on quickly," she said, walking a little faster. Daniel looked over at the group and saw the boys and girls staring at them. Then he quickly followed her.
"HEY!" someone shouted. "Pia! How long have you had a boyfriend? And why don't you tell me that!?" the person called after her. Then they heard them coming closer.

Pia turned and stared straight at the person.

---------------------------------------------

Bis zum nächsten Kapitel ;)