Argument

Summary: During a mission, Sam keeps nagging Bucky about his safety and that causes them to get in into a heated argument. Sam gets injured trying to keep Bucky safe.

Based on the prompt given by DO_sangster

~~~

Bucky could not forgive himself this time. Not after realizing Sam was just trying to protect him, but he had to start a fight with his boyfriend in the middle of a mission. Not after seeing Sam take a bullet for him.

"Buck, stay behind me."

"Why the hell I have to be the one staying behind you?"

"Because I don't want you to get hurt, Bucky."

"Sam, who do you think is most likely to get injured and need more time for recovery between us, huh? I don't think it would be me."

"I don't care. I don't want to see a single scratch on you. On our last mission you took a bullet. I don't want any sort of repeat of that incident."

"Well I can take care of myself very well, so you don't have to be so protective, bird man."

"What the fuck, Bucky! Why are you standing beside me! Stay behind!"

"NO!"

And then within a blink of an eye, it all happened. One of the people they were fighting against jumped in front of them out of nowhere and shot at Bucky. Before he could even comprehend what happened, Sam leaped in front of him, causing the bullet to get lodged into the upper bicep of his right arm.

They got the situation under control right after that though, with Clint taking down that man and everyone jumping into action. But that didn't wipe away the fact that Sam was shot, trying to save his boyfriend.

'If only I knew how to shut the hell up and listened to Sam for once.'

Sighing, Bucky wiped away some stray tears and stood up from his sit, deciding to go and finally visit Sam, who was currently on the medical bay of Stark tower. Stephen and Bruce told him that he could visit Sam twenty minutes ago, but he had to work on the courage to look him in the eyes after the incident.

'Here it goes....' finally Bucky felt brave enough to face Sam, apologize to him and maybe actually start listening to the person who really cares about him.

~~~

Bucky stepped into the room where Sam was currently resting, listening to Stephen go over the meds he'd need to take. Stephen spotted Bucky and cleared his throat before announcing that he'd have go find Tony and talk with him. While walking past Bucky he whispered, "go talk to him, he's alright now, don't worry." The doctor slash sorcerer flashed a gentle smile and walked away, leaving Bucky alone with Sam.

The super soldier stood in the doorway, eyes cast down, not knowing where to start, not knowing if Sam would even want to talk with him. Sensing his hesitation, Sam called him out of his thoughts.

"Hey Buck, come here." He motioned towards the stool next to his bed.

Finally looking up, Bucky walked over to Sam, his chest constricting painfully seeing the bandage around his lover’s arm. Bucky sat down gingerly on the stool and stared at the bedsheet of Sam's bed, still not ready to meet his eyes.

"Are you- are you okay? " Bucky whispered so carefully, as if even a bit of loud voice would hurt his Sam.

"I'm alright Buck, don't worry. I mean it sure hurts like hell but not so much that I can't handle." Sam smiled softly, reaching out to place his left hand on Bucky's flesh hand. He held Bucky's hand in his and brought it to his lips, placing a delicate kiss on the back of it.

And Bucky could not take it anymore, he needed to apologize to Sam.

"Sam, I'm so sorry that I didn't listen to you. I'm so sorry. You were just looking out for me but I had to start that stupid argument and now... you're hurt.... because of me...."

"Hey hey sweetheart don't say that..." Sam cooed at his boyfriend, squeezing his hand, trying to assure him.
"I only wanted you to be safe, but I get why you might feel overwhelmed with me being all protective and stuff.... I get that you just had to fend for yourself for so long, someone else caring about you and asking you to be safe is kinda weird to you now, even if it comes from me. But know that I just don't want to see you getting hurt, cause it hurts me too. Don't apologize love, all of a sudden someone jumping in front of us and shooting me is not your fault." Sam said in a soft but sincere voice, emphasizing on the last part.

"Thanks Sam... no matter what I do or how I act...you always get me.... and I... love that, Sam. I love you, and I don't want to see you getting hurt either." Bucky murmured, finally looking Sam in the eyes.

Sam smiled at his boyfriend, "Love you too, baby. And...
Guess we will have to protect each other, yeah?"

"Mhm.."

"Alright, now how about you get in here and give me some cuddles, love?"

Bucky grinned and quickly laid beside Sam, placing his metal arm delicately around Sam's torso, holding him close.

___

Hope this was good :)

Requests are open guys!

Take care y'all!