▫️◽◻️🥀~It's Gonna Be Okay~🥀◻️◽▫️

~In which a young Y/n experiences a major heartbreak and left in distress, much to the dismay of a worried dadschlatt.
~a bit of a short read
~requested by Bork_Commits_Arson
~he/him reader with no other implied gender
~3rd person vibes

TW : breakup

     'Knock knock knock'. That's what Y/n heard softly on the door. He could already tell from the footsteps it was his father, and he seemed worried when Y/n had seen him earlier. Then again, you couldn't blame him, Y/n looked kind of a wreck leaving his hobbit hole to grab ice cream and blankets. He didn't judge or ask, but he could feel schlatt's eyes on him in confusion, before realization set in.

     "Hey, kid, is it okay if I come in..?" He said, peering an eye through the door. Y/n nodded and he stepped in. "Uh....you seem... upset. Wanna talk about it? I'm here for ya, y'know-"  Y/n made the grabby hands, beckoning him over. Schlatt sat beside him, kicking his legs up and hopping on the bed with him. "Let me guess...was it a...breakup?" Y/n gathered a spoonful of ice cream and nodded. "Spot on..." Schlatt 'aww'ed, cooing in pity and placing an arm around his distraught son. "Hey, it's gonna be okay, don't worry about it kiddo! I know it seems big now, but this is one of those things where ya grow from it or whatever- y'know? I know...it seems big and bad and terrible, and yeah, you definitely cared about this person a lot, am I right..?" He was met with a slow nod from Y/n. "Yup, but think of it this way...if they cared just as much as you did, they wouldn't do this to ya. You're probably way out of their league anyways, I mean, look at you!! No, seriously, you're pulling off this whole pain-stricken look better than them at their best- I'd bet 10- no- 20 dollars on it!! Well- 15 dollars. I may believe in you, but I'm still a cheapskate-" you felt yourself smile a bit, air forcefully exiting your nose as your swallowed the ice cream you were absolutely inhaling despite the sniffle you had going on. "I promise you kid, swear on my left pinky toe, that it's gonna be okay. For real. You are so strong, talented, you're- like- the bravest kid I have ever met! You are so much more than this, to be crumpled by the situation you're in. And yeah, it may take some time to get over it, but I promise I will be here every step of the way. It's okay to let the feelings out, though, that's what I'm here for."

     Y/n rested his head in Schlatt's upper chest, groaning. He ruffled his hair. "Wanna hang out for a bit? You look like you need a distraction." Y)n nodded and he grabbed a remote, flicking on the TV. Jambo pawed at the door, making his way inside and hopping on the bed.

"Perfect timing, favorite child!" He joked, picking him up. "What you need is some cat and some Pink Panther!" Y/n laughed, scratching Jambo behind the ear to entice him to stay. "Dad, aren't I a little old fo-" Schlatt interrupted quickly. He wouldn't stand for this horrid Pink Panther slander in his home. "nOnsense!! You need pink panther, and fast! Now come on, let's get comfy."

     And with that, things got just a little bit better.

~that's all folks! This was a quick one ik, but I just felt rearing and ready to get it written! Sorry if it's not that good, I tried my best with what I had! Best wishes <3
~626 words