Take It

I was not the type to spark a conversation with any one. If anything, I enjoyed the comforts of my own zone, away and distanced from other people.

But what I did not expect from myself, being drown into someone who just transferred a few weeks ago. This girl who came from Japan, seemed so interesting and unique. She was not the type to bother people... well, maybe because she's a transfer student AND a foreigner. But her wit and charm is so overwhelming that, you'll be lured into her without you knowing.

Just like what happened to me.

It seemed so difficult to focus on class, especially because she is my seatmate. I could tell that she was still listening even though she's busy scribbling and drawing in her notebook.

"Okay, class. For your quiz, you can pair up with your seatmate and answer the items given. If you finish early, that means you can take your lunch early. Is that clear?"

"Yes, ma'am!"

Meanwhile, I was frozen on my seat. Me? Partnered up with her? But I didn't even listen to the discussion! I was mentally scolding myself until I felt a light tap on my shoulder. O.O

Slowly, I looked at the girl beside me. She was looking at me curiously. I cleared my throat first before speaking. Omo!!! Act normal, Kim Jiwon.

"S-sorry, I was spacing out. W-what should we do first?" I seriously didn't want to stutter, but my lips betrayed me.

She nodded and handed me a paper, "I think you should be the one to write because I'm still not that confident in writing Korean language. Will it be okay with you?" she asks, without her knowing that she's making me uwu with her cuteness. I bit the insides of my cheek and nodded while giving her a smile, which I rarely do to anyone.

"Of course, shall we start then?"

With that, she gave me her ideas and even explained a little. The quiz was not really a quiz, it was actually an essay, containing all the things we learned on the lesson. Nothing, says my mind.

"I'm sorry for making you do all the thinking. In all honesty, I didn't get a single thing from the lesson," I awkwardly laughed. I looked around and saw my classmates all struggling to form sentences for their essays.

"Ehh? It's fine since you did all the writing. But why? The topic was kinda interesting though."

Because you are beside me and you're more interesting.

I just gave her a giggle as a response. Great. So now, she'll think that you are weird.

"Wait, we forgot to write our names in the paper..." she says and grabbed her pen and wrote her name on the first line of the paper.

Naoi Rei

Such a cute name for a cute person like her. I smiled as she unconsciously scooted towards me as she wrote down her name, since the paper was in front of me.

After finishing, she went back to her original position. I scanned the paper and and smiled, looking at her name. I also grabbed my pen and wrote my name next to hers. But before that, I drew a small heart between our names. I smiled satisfied as I pulled her up so that we can pass our paper.

Naoi Rei ❣ Kim Jiwon

She was surprised when I grabbed her hand... but so did I. I mean, I don't initiate skinship yet here I am, holding her hand! I know my face is bright red right now. But anyway...

Act cool now. You were the one who held her first.

"Ma'am, we're done with the quiz," I said to our teacher as I gave her our paper.

"Already? Well, I guess you two listened very well to my lesson," My face heated up because I know I didn't. "Alright, both of you can go and have your lunch," teacher said and smiled at us. We bowed and said our thanks before heading towards our seat.

"Um..." I heard her mutter, so I looked at her. Her face was kinda red and saw her looking down at something. And, my eyes widen when I saw her looking at our still interwined hands. In an instant, all the blood in my system transferred to my face.

I quickly retracted my hand from her and looked away. I started fanning myself, mentally telling myself to calm down.

After a few moments, she started packing her things. Huh? Oh, right! Both of us are allowed to have lunch already. Speaking of lunch....

I turned to her and asked, "Would you like to have lunch with me?"

Her round doe eyes widen and her mouth opened to say something, which was a really cute sight for me. Uwaaaaah! Can I just pinch her cheeks?? She's making me feel giddy.

Her face went red again as she looked away. She was smiling shyly and nodded her head slowly.

I couldn't hold back the wide grin forming in my lips as I looked away as well. I guess, Shy Jiwon won't exist with Naoi Rei, only with Naoi Rei.

This is just a one-shot story since I'm into IVE these days hehe and this cute soulmates just captured my heart, even though my bias is Yujin.