AFTER LIKE

I felt the cool breeze on my face as I lay on the grass, just on our school's field. I was not aware that the classes were cancelled for today due to some reasons. But it was actually okay. I needed some time to think and sort out my feelings.

My phone kept buzzing since earlier this morning but I didn't dare to answer whoever it is. Maybe it's just Yujin-unnie... or Hyunseo... or her.

It's confusing. Sure she is always so kind to me. She always pay attention to everything I say. And those subtle stares that I choose to ignore. Those were the starters.

I didn't know I'd fall for her on the long run.

I heaved a deep sigh. I shouldn't assume things. I'm her friend, that's why she does all the things she always do. Sweet and full of sincerity things. I closed my eyes after seeing a cloud that looked like a cat. It reminded me of her.

"There you are!"

The voice was from a distance but it sounded so clear to me that it made my heart  race. Why is she here all of a sudden?! How on earth did she find me?

That's when I heard rushed steps coming closer to where I am. And I choose to not open my eyes.

After some time, all I hear was silence. Okay so, was I hallucinating just now?

When I decided to open my eyes, I was surprised to see big round orbs staring right at me that I jumped a little. She then started to smile, then it turned to be a giggle.

"I knew you were here. I was at your house a while ago because you didn't answer any of my calls since yesterday. Did you lose your phone or something?" she curiously asked while still sitting cross-legged ahead of me. Her face was close enough for me to smell her vanilla-scent cologne. It made me blush a bit.

"I'm sorry. I hadn't check my phone yet because I was kinda lazy today," I told her, although it was just partly true.

She hummed in response. She was still staring at me so I covered my eyes with my hand, feeling that I'll explode soon if she continue doing it. She giggled once again before she stood up.

I thought she'll leave already, but then I felt her lay down next to me, our arms already in contact.

I looked at her with questioning eyes but she just gave me a smile with her cute dimples showing. I then looked ahead and just stared at the skies. The shade of the tree were protecting us from the sunlight and it felt great.

"What are you doing here, Rei? And why are you wearing uniform?" she asks to break the silence.

"I didn't know that we didn't have classes today."

"Yah. Ms. Lee announced the class suspension yesterday, didn't you hear? Aigoo, Naoi Rei," she clicked her tongue and squished my cheek lightly.

"What? I did not hear it," I pouted. Maybe the reason of that is because I was busy thinking about my unsorted feelings for her. It has been going on for days now.

Then it was followed by silence again. I was just looking for cloud formations when I felt her hand on mine. I instantly turned my head towards her. She had her eyes closed but I could still see that small smile on her face.

She looked like an angel, especially with that blonde hair of hers. Breathtaking.

These things make me fall deeper in love with her. Her gestures. Her stares. The attention. The small things she does to me felt like there was actually something behind it. Like, she feels the same way as me.

LOVE DIVE (LizRei)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें