Making you MINE

Today is Jiwon's birthday! I couldn't sleep well last night, thinking about what gift I should give her. Ever since last week, my mind was filled with ideas of potential gifts for her but in the end, I dismissed every single one of it. I thought of buying her flowers but then it's so common. Then I thought of clothes, but maybe she won't like the style of my choice. Then I also thought of new airpods, but she already bought a pair two days ago. Last resort was the silver necklace I saw when we went out to hang out last Saturday. But, she's not a fan of accessories. That girl is simple, but very beautiful and charming.

It's 4 in the morning and I barely had sleep. When the clock struck 12, I sent her a birthday message, hoping I was the one who greeted her first. She's special and I wanted to do something special for her.

I sighed. What should I give her? It has to be something special. One that will remind her of me when she sees it.

A sudden memory crossed my mind.

Jiwon came to my house since it was weekends. She barged into my room while I was working on my painting.

"Rei~" I felt arms wrapped around my body. The scent was enough for me to recognize that it was Jiwon. She was hugging me from behind while resting her chin on the top of my head.

"Hey, Jiwon," I greeted and chuckled.

"Wow! You made that? It's amazing and beautiful, Rei-yah! It looks realistic even," she told me. I turned to her with a smile.

"Thanks, Jiwon-ah. I've been working on this for 3 days already," the size of the board was half my height and 2ft wide. She gasped and looked at me with wide eyes, the expression she always does when she's shocked or surprised. I laughed because of her expression.

"Really?! Wow! That's amazing, Rei! Can you paint me as your subject next?" she looks at me with sparkling eyes that made my heart do summersaults. Her dimple showing deeply as she smiled. I was lost in trance for a while, mesmerized by her.

"I... I'll try," I said, almost just above whisper. She stared back at me, her smile softening. She had that loving look on her face as she looks deeply into my eyes.

Noticing that, I blushed furiously and looked away, turning to my painting again. How embarrassing! She stayed and watched me paint for hours.

I instantly sat up on my bed. I know what to give her!

--------------Jiwon's POV---------------

I sent another text to Rei, asking where she is. She hasn't replied to me or to anyone here and it's starting to worry me. Where could that girl be? Why today out of all the days??

"Jiwon-ah, the cake is here. And the foods will arrive in a bit," Wonyoung came up to me. I sighed and nodded to her, still checking my phone if ever Rei already replied to my texts.

"Hey, it's your birthday yet it looks like you're in a funeral. What's wrong?" she asked with a worried expression. For the nth time today, I sighed.

"I'm fine. It's just that, Rei hasn't been replying to me since this morning. She was the first one to greet me a happy birthday though, along with a sweet message but after that, none. She's not picking up calls either. I don't know where she is right now and I'm worried sick," I explained with a huff. That's probably the longest time I spoke today.

Wonyoung nodded with a chuckle, "I'm sure she's okay, Jiwon-ah. And Rei would never miss your birthday, she'll be here. Maybe she's out preparing a gift for you. A surprise, even! Just calm down and don't be panicky."