SIX

THAT STILL SMALL VOICE

Bonnie was at school Monday when she turned the corner running right into a person, making folders and papers go flying. She groaned and knelt down to pick them up.

"What? No apology?" she heard a deeper voice speak as she saw someone crouch down in front of her and start helping pick up papers.

She glanced up to be met with green eyes. Aaron. She instantly wanted to run in the other direction because she was scared of the way his eyes always captured hers.

"Why do I need to apologize?" she argued defensively. "Maybe you should apologize."

He chuckled, "Are you always this...threatening?"

She took offense and scoffed, "To assholes."

"So you think I'm an asshole?" he asked.

He handed her the papers he picked up and she snatched them but her skin brushed against his. It made her nearly lose the ability to breathe correctly.

"Yes," she huffed as she stood up.

"Allow me to change your mind then," he stood up as well. "I'm throwing a party on Friday. Will you be there?"

He gave her a small hopeful smile. She leered away from the adorableness. She shook her head, "I don't do parties."

Aaron noticed Calvin was approaching and muttered loudly, "Cindy Glasshouse will be there."

Bonnie furrowed her eyebrows before Calvin pronounced, "Cindy will be where?"

"My party. Friday. You're welcome to come," Aaron invited.

"Cool. Bonnie and I will totally be there."

Bonnie glared at Aaron and his little victorious smirk. She stomped away from him before she decided that she liked it.

_____

It was a couple days later and news of Henry being stuck in the old mines reached her. So she was ditching school to go there.

She was going to walk there but she was stopped by Aaron, "Hey, I heard about Henry. It'll be quicker if I drive you."

"I'd rather walk," she shouted out.

"What? Are you scared?" he called out.

She stopped dead in her tracks and turned to look at him as she clenched her jaw, "I'm not scared of anything."

"Where is your car?" she huffed.

He smiled and led her over to his 'car.' It was actually a motorcycle. He got on and revved it up, waiting for her to get on.

"If you tell any of your cool friends about this, I'll murder you," she said as she started to get on.