NINE

SKIN DEEP

Weeks passed and Bonnie received many bouquets of flowers from Aaron. Then they started to ask if she would be his Valentine; she would write a note back in class every time with one word: No.

Today, she walked to school next to Regina. They had just dropped Henry off at the bus stop and, usually, she parted ways with Regina but what happened across the street caught her attention.

           Gold had the van of Moe French forcefully taken away. He was a man that sold flowers and owed Gold money. The van was recompense. Even though it was Valentine's Day tomorrow and the man desperately needed the van, Gold was very unforgiving.

             Now, Gold walked their way on the sidewalk and Regina greeted, "That was quite a show back there."

         "Well, Mr. French is just having a bad day, happens to the best of us."

         Bonnie smirked at that. It was because Gold gave Mr. French a bad day. She liked the idea of having the power to turn someone's day around on the flip of a dime.

            Regina looked at the teenager, "Bonnie, why don't you go on to school? Gold and I have some things to discuss."

               Bonnie frowned and crossed her arms, "No."

              "Bonnie, run along, dearie," Gold stated softly. "Give someone a bad day at school."

               She chuckled before she saluted, "Will do, master."

            She moved past them at his command. Regina rolled her eyes that she still listened to Gold more than her.

                 "Still having problems with Bonnie after all this time?" Gold smirked.

           Regina squinted her eyes at him and the double meaning. She wondered if he remembered life from the Enchanted Forest but she couldn't be sure. But she would certainly find out.

              _____

Bonnie was sixteen and Rumplestiltskin had found a maid. Her name was Belle.

Bonnie appeared after Rumple had just laid down the rules and she saw the new brunette, "Oh, a maid. Spectacular."

Bonnie pulled off her cloak and put it on the table, "I need this washed."

Rumple rolled his eyes, "This one has no manners."

Belle had wide eyes as she looked at Quiver, "You're...a child?"

Bonnie smirked and bowed, "The one and only Quiver."

"She has an ego, too," Rumple commented. "Although, I suppose that's my doing."

Bonnie smiled before greeting cheerfully, "I'm Bonnie."

"Belle."

______