𝟏𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: The Secret History

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫: Donna Tartt

𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝: 02-03-22

𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝: 03-05-22

𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 576

𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠: ★★★★★

𝐏𝐥𝐨𝐭: Under the influence of their charismatic classics professor, a group of clever, eccentric misfits at an elite New England college discover a lifestyle that is a world away from the humdrum existence of their contemporaries. But when they dare to challenge the barriers of their own morality, their lives are profoundly changed and they discover how hard it can be to truly live and how easy it is to kill.

𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞: Psychological fiction, mystery, contemporary.

𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬: This story is best comparable to the film Dead Poets Society (1989) and the novel The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt.

𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰: Open your ears, dear readers. This is literally the best book I have read all year. This year, last year, the year before. It tops everything else I've written about so far in this critique. The characters are beautifully developed, beautifully written, and beautifully executed. Every sentence in this novel is quotable and Tartt expertly drives the audience to think one way or another, cementing the secret prospect of an unreliable narrator from the very beginning. READ THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW. 

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭:

Come Back For Me - Jaymes Young

Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood

Young and Beautiful - Lana Del Ray