𝟏𝟓. 𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬

𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: Laces

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫: Tempi Lark

𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝: 12-28-22

𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝: 12-30-22

𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 133

𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠: ★

𝐏𝐥𝐨𝐭: After being wrongly accused of her sister's murder, Gambrielle Evans must do everything in her power to prove her innocence and the guilt of her stepfather from within the walls of the asylum she was thrown into. Meanwhile, one of her fellow inpatients develops an obsessive fascination with her and proves to be both the bane of her existence and the one thing keeping her alive inside the hell that is Hawthorne Asylum. 

𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞: Romance, YA, dark fiction. 

𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬: This book is best comparable to the film After (2019).

𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰: This is probably the worst book I've read this year. Or any year. It was marketed as a soft-dark romance on TikTok and other platforms, but the two love interests never interact outside of threats of violence, rape, and other nasty remarks. The only romance the readers ever receive throughout the whole novel takes place within the last ten pages. It comes out of literally nowhere and is immediately followed by an anticlimactic twist ending. There are spelling and grammatical errors littered throughout the book and the author constantly contradicts herself through her characters. Lincoln (the male love interest) claims that he only goes after submissive, shy, and obedient girls. But when Gambrielle (the female love interest) embodies any of these traits, he calls her a coward and not worth his time. All of the time I should have been spending enjoying this book was instead wasted trying to decide whether or not her name was a typo. Gambrielle? What the fuck. 

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭: 

Super Psycho Love - Simon Curtis

I'm Not A Vampire - Falling In Reverse

I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - My Chemical Romance