𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬

𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: The House of Salt and Sorrows

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫: Erin A. Craig

𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝: 11-11-20

𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝: 12-16-20

𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 416

𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠: ★★★★

𝐏𝐥𝐨𝐭: Annaleigh Thaumas and her eleven sisters are raised in Highmoor, a manor overlooking the sea. Rumors spread of a curse consuming the Thaumas household after the unexpected deaths of three of her eldest sisters. As their numbers dwindle, the girls become weary of newcomers such as their new stepmother from the mainland and the strange yet charmingly handsome young man who appears out of the blue just when things take a turn for the worst.

𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞: Romance, Historical, Fantasy, Mystery

𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬: This story is best comparable to the original Twelve Dancing Princesses fairytale adopted by Brothers Grimm as well as the 2015 horror/mystery film Crimson Peak.

𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰: The dedication to detail in this novel was astounding. The book uses brilliant imagery to transport the reader into dazzling ballrooms and mysterious dark hallways alike. I felt drawn back to my early childhood with the nod to familiar fairytales that I had grown up with. This was the first story in a long time that I've felt this passionately about. The characters and their relationships (romantic and otherwise) are developed naturally and the ending was very unexpected.

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭:

Once Upon a December - Karliene

Would That I - Hozier

Her & The Sea - CLANN