The Dream

He came to me in a lucid dream like a whisper in the wind.
He spoke no words, held out his hand  I bravely, followed him.

His majestic essence was infectious and just being in his mere presence left me breathless. I let him lead, I humbly followed. His spirit, so divine, flowed through me like fine wine, poured into a raging river on a cold dark stormy night.

We walked for miles and he showed me things, from my first breath to my last. The sentimental journey left my spirit  emotionally weary as he mercifully reminisced with me through my checkered past. 

My time spent with him through this glorious trip felt leisurely and it felt special. And as the world stood still, we took our time to reflect and to revel. We never stopped or rested, it never crossed our minds. We kept our eyes on the road ahead, no longer imprisoned by the hands of time.

As I followed him through the darkness, I had faith in each, unseen step. His luminous aura seemed to show me the way and guided me toward the light.

When I opened my eyes, I was back in my bed, left bewildered at what I had dreamed. It was way beyond comprehension, it all felt so real, everything that had happened to me.

My restless spirit felt peaceful , my lost soul felt truly redeemed. As I look at myself in the mirror now, I smile back at the reflection I see.

If I close my eyes, I can still visualize him, guiding me, through the darkness and into the light. But, the vision I will treasure forever and ever is how my soul brilliantly shined through his eyes.

That surreal experience has left  me eternally grateful, as my heart overflows with his love. My life has been given new purpose,  I'll forever thank him and praise him, if forever is long enough.

All Rights Reserved
©️ Bobbie J Lowrey 2022