『6.2』

"I thought I was grounded?" Riley asks as she gets out of the Impala. Dean rolls his eyes. Sam waves across the street to Rebecca. "You are, but you've got the supernatural spidey sense, so you're coming." Riley raises an eyebrow at her father and slows her steps. "Great," She grumbles, "Now I'm being used."

Riley sighs and rubs at the obsidian around her neck, a sign that Dean knows to be one of self comfort. Dean and Sam share a look; Sam silently lecturing his brother for treating her so harshly. "Rebecca, hey," Sam starts, "This is my niece, Riley." Rebecca smiles at Riley, but frowns when she doesn't meet her eyes.

"Uh," Dean laughs. "She's in a mood. It's not you." Rebecca nods slowly, glancing at the younger blonde, then looks to the house. "Is she allowed to be here?" Rebecca raises an eyebrow. "Are we allowed to be here?"

Dean nods curtly. "Yeah, I am an officer of the law, plus Riley is grounded." Dean puts an arm around Riley and smiles. Riley's ears burn with fury at her father's words. Rebecca nods and they begin to walk towards the house. The moment Riley steps in, she is hit with an overwhelming smell.

"Sam," she whispers, gaining his attention. "I thought the body was removed?" Sam frowns at her, noting her scowl. "It was. Why?" Sam asks, glancing around. "You getting anything?" Riley groans, too disgusted to be upset with him. "No, there's just the smell." She says as she plugs her nose.

"Smell?" Sam asks. Riley nods and gives him a look. "Yeah, can't you smell it?" Sam shakes his head and Riley coughs. "How can you not? It smells like rotting flesh!" Sam opens his mouth to say something but he spots Rebecca staring at them, arms around herself in self comfort.

"Beck, you want to wait outside?" Sam asks. Riley steps away towards Dean to ask if he can smell it too. "No," Rebecca starts, "No, I want to help." She says with a harsh swallow. Sam nods and glances at Dean. He sees his brother giving Riley a look of disbelief, then he turns away to observe the room, leaving Riley looking dejected and mouth breathing.

"Tell us what else the police said." Sam says as he glances around, sniffling the air a little. "Well... There was no sign of a break-in. They say Emily let her attacker in and the lawyers are already talking about a plea bargain." Rebecca looks around in horror and lets out a choked sob. Riley stares out the front window of the house, staring straight at the dark barking at the house. Her eyes appeared glazed over, but Dean puts a hand on her shoulder and she looks at him. He gives her a look, but she shakes her head. She doesn't feel anything.

It took a lot of convincing on Riley's part, but Dean finally caved into getting a hotel room. He booked it with one bed, because he was convinced they'd be out of town within the next 24 hours. Riley told him she was exhausted and wanted a good night's sleep. Bobby Singer once told her she was a very good manipulator.

Once Riley was sure her father and Uncle were gone, she grabbed her backpack and opened the secret zipper in the lining and pulls out a sharp, partially serrated knife. She smiles, hiding it in her backpack again. Then she pulls out her phone and opens a new message.

Riley:.
9:30
Don't be late
We don't have long.

Once she sends it, Riley rushes out the door. She pulls her hood up as it begins to rain and walks down the street. Taking a few shortcuts, she makes it to an apartment building's alleyway. She looks up at the fire escape ladder, then at her surroundings. On the other side of the alley is a garbage bin, just a few feet to the left of the ladder. Riley climbs up, and prepares herself.

She bounces on the balls of her feet, preparing to do an act of stupidity. She then jumps, her hand just barely latches onto the ladder, when it suddenly gets pulled down by her weight. Riley lets out a squeal as the ladder slams into the pavement. She takes a moment to realize she isn't dead, then begins to climb the ladder.