『1.6』

After talking to Joseph Welch, Sam and Riley learned that Constance was buried at her house, and the husband had in fact been unfaithful. Two tasks down, just two more to go, and Riley can solve one of those right now.

      She pulls out her burner and dials 911. "What are you doing?" Sam asks. Riley puts up a finger telling him to be quiet. "911 what's your emergency-" Riley cuts off the operator with a scream. Sam swerves the car and Riley has to try her hardest not to laugh. "Please! Help me! Some crazy dude is shooting at me!"

      Riley hits the dashboard, creating a distant shooting noise for the operator to hear. "Oh my god! He's coming!" The operator tells Riley to calm down and she has to push the phone away from her ear as she laughs. "I'm on Whiteford Road! Hurry! He's-" Riley hangs up the call for dramatic effect. The moment she does she starts laughing her ass off.

      Sam whacks her leg with a smile. "You scared the crap out of me. I could have crashed!" Riley's laughter stifles out until all that is left is a smile. Sam glances at her and smiles wider seeing her smile again. He hasn't seen that in two years.

      "Riley, can I explain?" Riley's smile drops and she looks at him. She opens her mouth to speak but Sam beats her to it. "Please." Riley stares at him for a moment then nods. Sam sighs and nods. "I was going to call you." Riley looks at him in disbelief. "I was." Sam confirms.

      Riley narrows her eyes at him and looks out the front window. "What stopped you?" She mumbles. Sam glances at her. "I don't really know. I had your number up. All I had to do was press the answer button." Riley looks at her feet. "I just-" Sam licks his lips and looks at Riley. "I knew that if I called you, that I would want to go back, but-"

      Riley cuts him off. "You were happy." She nods. "You are happy. With Jess and school." Sam stares at her and nods. "I am." Riley fiddles with her fingers. She's beginning to understand, but, "Why didn't you call me later on? It's been two years Sam. That excuse doesn't extend that long."

      Sam looks away from Riley. "You're right. It doesn't. That was my fault. I should have called, but I didn't. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Riley glances at Sam, then smiles a bit. "I forgive you." Sam looks at her in alarm. "You do?" Riley nods, letting out a heavy breath.

      "Now, enough with the chick-flick moments." Sam laughs and shakes his head. "You and Dean..." Sam says shaking his head with a smile. Riley's phone suddenly begins ringing and she answers knowing exactly who it is.

      "Dad!" She shouts as she answers. Dean laughs. "Trying to blow my ears out kid? Put me on speaker." Riley does so. "Fake 911 call Bug, that's pretty illegal." Sam and RIley share an amused look. "I've done worse."

      Before Dean can ask Sam speaks up, saving Riley from a lecture. "Listen, we got to talk." Riley begins to shiver. She can actually see her breath in the car. "Tell me about it." Dean comments. Riley reaches into the backseat and grabs her blanket and covers herself. "So the husband was unfaithful. We are dealing with a woman in white. She's buried behind her old house."

      "Sammy, would you shut up for a second?" Riley laughs, receiving a glare from Sam. "You too bug!" Riley pouts. "What I don't understand is why dad didn't burn the body yet."

      "That's what I'm trying to tell you. He's gone. Dad left Jericho." Sam and Riley share a look. "What? How do you know?" Riley huffs and shrinks into her seat. Great, another dead end. "I've got his journal." That peaks Riley's interest. "He doesn't go anywhere without that." Riley and Sam say at the same time. Riley stifles a laugh. "Well, he did this time."

      "What's it say?" Inside Baby becomes colder and Riley's teeth begin to chatter. "Same old ex-marine crap. When he wants to let us know where he's going." Riley looks at Sam. "Coordinates. Where to?"