『2.4』

"All right, listen up. It's time to go." Sam says as he rushes back into camp. Riley raises an eyebrow at him. "Things have gotten more complicated." Riley glances at her father and he notes her holding her gun. She lets go now that he is here. "What?" Hailey asks in confusion.

      "Whatever's out there, I think I can handle it." Riley rolls her head around to look at Roy. Like hell he can. "If you shoot this thing, you're just gonna make it mad." Sam's crabby attitude is getting worse. "We have to leave now." Riley raises an eyebrow at her father and he shrugs.

      "One, you're talking all this nonsense. Two, you're in no position to give anybody orders." Roy grumbles with rising anger. Riley snorts. "And you are?" Roy gives her a look and Dean steps in front of Riley protectively. "Relax." He tells him.

      "We never should have let you come out in the first place. I'm trying to protect you." Roy laughs. "You protect me? I was hunting these woods when your mommy was still kissing you good night." Riley glances at her father, but he puts his hand out in front of her. He's telling her he'll let Sam handle the asshole.

      "It's a damn-near-perfect hunter. It's smarter than you." Roy looks at Sam in disbelief. "And it's gonna hunt you down and eat you alive," Riley blinks. "Damn Sammy." she mutters. "Unless we get your stupid sorry ass out of here." Sam finishes.

      Roy laughs and punches Sam's arm. "You know you're crazy right?" Sam nods. "Yeah? You ever hunt-" Dean steps forward choosing now to step in. He pushes Sam away. "Chill out." he tells his until Sam is a good distance from Roy who is still smiling. As Riley walks past him she 'accidentally' steps on his foot. No one calls her uncle crazy but her.

      "Stop it. Everybody just stop." Riley stands next to Dean. Hailey looks at them. "Look, Tommy might still be alive, and I'm not leaving here without him." Dean looks at Sam who pulls on a frown. Riley can tell his mentally pouting. "It's getting late." Dean glances at Roy. "This thing is a good hunter in the day, but it's an unbelievable hunter at night."

      Riley leans against Dean a bit as she looks around. He puts an arm around her. "We'll never beat it- Not in the dark." Dean meets Hailey's eyes then walks past her. Riley crosses her arms and Sam stands close to her. He gives her a look, wondering if she's okay. Riley nods.

      "We need to style in and protect ourselves." Hailey looks after Dean. "How?"

      Dean walks around the camp drawing anasazi symbols. Riley sits near the fire with Ben and Hailey. She's cold but the fire feels nice. In her hands is a piece of paper she took of John's journal and she doodles on it. "One more time that's...?" hailey asks as Dean walks to the other side of camp.

      "Anasazi symbols. It's for protection. The wendigo can't cross them." Roy lets out a hearty laugh. "Nobody likes a skeptic, Roy." Riley snorts. "Tell that to Buzzfeed." Riley glances at Dean as he walks over to Sam who is sitting at the edge of camp. Ben turns to Riley. "You watch buzzfeed?" She nods, not looking up from her drawing.

      "So you, your dad and uncle... You hunt monsters?" Hailey asks as she fixes the fire. Riley nods. "Yeah. I joined the life when I was about 5." The two siblings gape at her. "And it's normal for you? You don't get scared?" Riley glances over at Sam and sighs. "Everyone one gets scared sometimes. I wouldn't be sane if I didn't get scared every now and again, but,"

      Riley sighs and looks at them. "I try my best to think of something else. To make me feel safe." Riley looks at her drawing. "Like this-" She hands it to Ben who smiles. "Imagine that's what the wendigo looks like." Ben and Hailey laugh at Riley's sonic grizzly and she nods. "Not so scary now, huh?"