- 3 -

"I can't be the only one." Enzo turns around and smiles at his family, hands raised and wiggling his eyes. "Eh? Daar?" Daria shakes her head. "Sam?" Daria looks over to her brother who starts to laugh but shakes his head. "Stel?" Even Daria's mother shakes her head. "It's that bad?"

"Honestly dad.." Samuel shakes his head.

"It's something that no one would consciously wear."

"Honey, it's horrible."

"You going alone?" Daria looks over towards Mike and nods. "It's kind of windy, you should look out." She hums in agreement before placing the gloves on the counter. "I can go with you if you'd like?"

Daria looks up and Samuel smirks at her. "What, you tired shorty?" He asks and Daria hears herself laugh.

"You wish."

Daria raises an eyebrow as she looks at Mike but shakes her head.

"Kind of you to offer," she gives him a dazzling smile before putting some cash on the counter. "I've done it a million times before, once more can't hurt right?"

He still looks a bit hesitant but slowly nods before taking the money and wishing her good luck. She simply smiles at him and walks to her car. Daria places the equipment in the trunk and breathes deeply as she slams the trunk shut. Tears were pooling in her eyes.

"Samuel is coming home, don't be late!"

"I won't!" Daria kisses Enzo and Stella on their cheeks before quickly checking the mirror how she looked, throwing her jacket over her shoulder and looking at her parents with a big smile. "Wait, how late is late?" Enzo throws a piece of paper towel towards her but it hits the surface right in front of him and Daria starts to laugh. "I'll be back in a few hours. Byee."

Today was not the day. Rock climbing was made for people who could think straight and today, she couldn't. Her mind fixated on the days she had spent beside her brother, hoping that he would wake so they could mourn their parents together.

He didn't.

She had to mourn all three of them alone. Carrying the pain of having no one at home, no family game nights, no.. no nothing. Just an empty big house, bills that were getting payed from the account she was yet to get access to, a hardworking majordomo that made sure that Daria was taken care of as perfectly as could. But there was one thing missing, one thing that Daria would forever miss. The love that only a close family could give her.

"I didn't expect to see you home so soon." Daria raises an eyebrow as she looks at the many workers in the house as Penny addressed her. "I'm sorry for the mess, but I thought you'd be out today."

"What exactly is going on?" Daria asks as she places her clutch on the side table and looks at a dresser being moved by a few workers.

"I told you.." Penny gently says. "Remember the will?" Realisation dawns on Daria and she nods. There were certain pieces that were worth a fortune and her parents wanted them to be sold if the children would say that there was absolutely no emotional tie to them. Except, now it was child. Singular. And Daria could care less about any furniture that would only get dusty.

"Yeah sure. Do I need to get out of the way?" Penny shakes her head. "You sure?" She looks up and sees that they had gone towards Samuel's bedroom. "They can't do that." Daria says as she points up. "Not from the bedrooms." She shakes her head defiantly and Penny quickly gestures towards the three men that were walking out of Samuel's room with a closet and they return inside, probably to place the piece back.

"You said-.." Daria shakes her head.

"I know. Just-.." she sighs and places a hand on her forehead. "Just not today." She grabs her clutch once more. "I'm going to-.." she stops in her tracks and sees the dresser that she used to hide in as a small child, already standing tall in the truck. "I uhm-.." she feels tears starting to whell up in her eyes and she shakes her head. "I don't know where I'm going to go but I need to go."

"Sure yes." Penny opens the door for her and keeps her eyes on the young girl as she steps behind the wheel of the one car she wanted to keep after the accident. Penny glances to her right and gestures towards the car, the person following Daria closely behind.