- 13 -

Not everyone had moved with them towards the Denali clan who resided in.. Well, Denali. Which Daria hadn't known existed. But it was situated on a mountain in Alaska. A large park was spread out close by where enough animals could be found to sustain the Denali clan and now also the Cullen clan. And Daria. Minus Edward.

Edward had taken it pretty hard that he had to up and leave Bella. Though he had made it look like he had broken up with the girl because he didn't love her, the opposite was true and Daria had seen that.

"As if I don't have it hard right now." She scoffs as she heard that Edward had decided against coming in later and just staying where he was now. Wherever that was. It seemed the family - except for a very observant Rosalie - had forgotten the silent girl existed and could hear everything they were discussing, including the fact that Edward was hunting someone.

The Denali's were absolutely stunning and Daria couldn't help but glance at the three sisters every once in a while.

There was Eleazar, with his black hair that made his white complexion stand out even more. Cheekbones for days and a stare as if he saw into the deepest part of your soul. Carmen was his mate and she reminded Daria of Esme. Though where Esme had all the love in the world, Carmen had a little more spice.

And then the three sisters. Tanya with her beautiful curls, the leader of the clan. Kate, with her long straight hair and her ability to electrocute the person touching her. Irina, a heartlike face and kind eyes.

Irina had been the most welcoming of Daria and had immediately taken her under her wing. Daria hadn't noticed, but Rosalie disliked the alliance.

Daria didn't know, but when Rosalie had just turned. She had thought to be infatuated with Edward. She hated the fact that whenever they went to the Denali clan, Tanya would throw herself at Edward. Feelings of jealousy and anger would fill her up and she wondered if that was what loving someone actually felt like.

It wasn't the case, her feelings to be accepted and to be liked were overwhelming and Rosalie could now see that it had never been love that she had felt for Edward. But she did for Daria.

From the moment they set a foot in the cafeteria she could feel the presence of her mate. The way that she had laughed at a joke that one of her friends had told her, made Rosalie want to skip and fawn at the sound. She wanted to be the one to make Daria laugh for the rest of her life.

Of course there had been the case of them not being humans so that had stopped her. But not the rest of her family. Certainly not Alice, who had seen that Edward's mate would also arrive at that school and be human too.

But Rosalie had never made any attempt to start a relationship, she wanted to see if Daria felt the same and lately she had begun to think that the young woman did. Until she turned. Every emotion that Daria had shown since she turned was anger, frustration, hatred.

And that's why Rosalie disliked the fact that Irina was with Daria so much. There was even an inkling of a smile on Daria's face every now and then and it broke Rosalie's heart that every negative emotion that Daria felt was towards her, and seemingly positive ones were directed to everyone else.

She even thanked Esme for new clothes and Carmen for the room, nodded her head at Carlisle and Eleazar when they explained things, looked in wonder at what Kate and Emmett could do, listened to Jasper and Alice when they told their stories. All while smiling ever so slightly to let them know that she appreciated it, that she understood, that she was listening.

Not once had she just sat with Rosalie or smiled at her. Asked her something, acknowledged her.

Rosalie had never felt more alone as the rejection she felt in that moment. Is that what Bella felt like now? When Edward told her he didn't want her to come?

"You're deep in thought." Rosalie looks up and sees Emmett standing beside her, both of them on the balcony, overlooking the beautiful snowy area. "Care to tell me?" Rosalie bites the inside of her cheek and shakes her head. "It's okay, it's blatantly obvious anyway." He says and he turns around, leaning on the balustrade and glancing towards the inside of the house where Irina is playing a game of chess with Daria who is painfully losing.

"It is?" Rosalie had no clue that she was that obvious.

"To me." He smiles at her and Rosalie purses her lips with a smile. Ever since she had brought Emmett to Carlisle and he had been turned, they had been as close as they could be. She showed him the ropes and he showed her how to not be an uptight ass. His words.

"She hates me." Emmett snorts.

"She hates everyone." Rosalie raises an eyebrow.

"Obviously." She snarls as she glances back at the two playing a game.

"You don't realise, but the only reason that Daria is with Irina is because no one else is treating her as a normal person." Rosalie frowns and turns around to observe the situation.

It was true. Ever since Daria had been turned, everyone seemed to get out if their way to not anger her. Even now that she was losing the game, Eleazar and Carlisle were looking to see how she will react while Irina is simply playing a game with a new friend.

"How could I be so stupid." Rosalie sighs and she pushes herself of the balustrade to slowly walk towards the house, gathering up courage to join the two girls.

"Can you just repeat that?" Emmett yells at her and she turns around to flip him off, while wearing the biggest smile she had since they had arrived here.