- 1 -

Daria had her days planned carefully.

Every morning she'd wake up to the music of her playlist - if she'd slept - and she would listen to one song before getting ready for school. The getting ready part was easy, clothes were laid out for her and her breakfast - one bowl of muesli or slice of bread with a still slightly warm egg on it - was ready at the kitchen table.

It had been this way, ever since school had started this year. The first holiday was around the corner and Daria was happy to be home once more even though everything had been running smoothly.

Everything was a pattern. She liked patterns.

Even at school, every little thing had been planned until the minute. Daria was always on time, precisely 13 (sometimes 14) minutes early so she could communicate with her friends - if they were there - before school started.

In every schedule should be a small bit of chaos and Daria had made that to be about the lunchbreaks. She made sure to only listen to news about people in the town, she didn't have a need for any more than that.

So here she was, at lunch with her friends. That's what they called themselves at least. She was one of the only people that could talk to the strangers and they were the only ones that could really talk to her.

Her friends and she had something in common. They rarely ate. For her friends it was because they had been put on a strict diet for their supermodel appearances. For her it was simply because her body rejected the thought of fuelling itself after she had been through hell and back. But she did her best and she ate an apple and a few carrots, something she got from one of her friends.

"Are you doing something this weekend?" Daria looks up from her food and furrows her eyebrows.

It wasn't like her friends weren't interested in her, they were. But they never really asked questions like that, because they knew that it took planning and Daria didn't plan far ahead.

"No not really," Daria answers before taking one last bite of the fruit. She had noticed the way that the adopted siblings looked at her once he asked that particular question. "You?" She looks up in the golden eyes of the person in front of her. His hair has a bronze like color, highlighting his high cheekbones, his straight nose, and slightly full lips.

He leans forward and places his elbows on his knees. His muscles visibly flexing beneath his shirt.

"We're going out camping this weekend."

"Oh?" Daria's confused look makes the siblings laugh on the inside.

Daria confused them sometimes. The way she thought about it a million times - thinking about the pros and the cons - before actually crossing her legs. Yet here she was, not planning anything other than going out of bed tomorrow morning at 8.25 am.

"Yeah it's great weather," Daria looks at the girl sitting next to her. Her hair dark and short in length. Her eyes were always a bit larger and peppier than the average human, but the same color as her siblings. "Carlisle and Esmee really liked the idea and we haven't done it in a while."

Daria nods slowly while chewing her last bite. One look on her watch tells her that she didn't have much time to ask things.

"So, no cooking with Esme?" She carefully asks. She didn't want them to know that she was kind of disappointed.

It was something that they did every other weekend. She would cook with Esme, eat dinner with them - though they all could only take a few bites due to their diet - and they would either play games or watch a movie or something that normal families do. One of the siblings would drive her home. It had become some sort of ritual for her to fall asleep during the movie or the games. A habit she picked up after what had happened only a year before that. After all that, she'd see them again on Monday.

"No," Jasper replies. She makes herself look at the golden haired male. His hair were curls that could not be reigned. His cheeks high, a jaw for days, and eyes that looked like they could see into your soul. "But when we're back, we can arrange for you to see Esmee?" He compromises and Daria narrows her eyes slightly, wondering why he came up with that solution.

She also wondered why they suddenly asked her what she would be doing. Normally they'd just tell her if they had to cancel. Did they remember what date it was? Is that why they wanted her to see Esme so badly?

"I'll text her." Daria suddenly says before getting up, grabbing her bag, and leaving the siblings behind at the table. "Have fun." She yells just a second before the bell rings.