- 7 -

"They've become quite the subject of the town haven't they?" Daira chuckles as she walks alongside Alice and Rosalie towards their destination.

"Apparently some people are jealous that Bella of all people found the interest of Edward." Alice says with a big smile. Daria knew exactly of whom Alice was talking about. Most of the people in this town were obsessed by the Cullens and their looks, asking them out multiple times and even going for a siblings after the rejection. That all had been discussed when Daria still cooked with Esme.

"Well, they should be. He's a catch." Daria shrugs and Rosalie raises an eyebrow.

"You could've asked him, I think he would have said yes." Daria starts to laugh but shakes her head.

"He's a catch for the right team." Daria clarifies and Rosalie nods slowly while Alice tries her best to keep in a squeel by pursing her lips. "So where exactly is this place?" Daria glances around and though her parents had taken her to very well off restaurants and massageparlours and shopping establishments, this area seemed even more expensive.

"It's right around the corner." Daria follows Rosalie's hand and nods slowly.

She didn't know what to expect when the two girls had asked her along for a girls day. But apparently it meant a shopping spree and a spa. The latter was already checked off of their list, their refreshed faces and relaxed movements was evidence enough.

Getting some jewellery had never been on the mind of Daria. Her parents had taught her that experiences, moments and feelings were more important than earthly possessions. Daria very much preferred to do something active with her friends instead of talking about prom and dresses and whatever accessories someone should have that month. Maybe that's why she didn't have many friends.

It made her curious as to why Alice and Rosalie had wanted to see the inside of the gleaming store, with its brand watches and necklaces that seemed to shine in whichever way she looked. But it had been to get Carlisle a new watch.

Daria knew that the Cullens had money, but she wondered how much exactly they had. How much did they get in allowance? It sure didn't come from any job that they assured her they had. No job gave them that much and besides, she hadn't seen any of them working ever since she met them. Not that she was one to judge, she hadn't worked a day in her life.

Well, that wasn't entirely true. She just didn't hold on to a job for very long.

"Put this on!" Alice chirps and Rosalie rolls her eyes.

"That doesn't suit her." Daria raises an eyebrow but smiles slightly, they were trying to pamper her, get her some new clothing to feel good in. She knew what they were doing. The clothes she had worn that day were the clothes she often would spend her time in. Other clothes didn't really seem necessary unless these had gotten dirty. Daria didn't like to dress up and try to impress the population of the town, not anymore.

"Try this." Rosalie says with a held back smile, making Daria narrows her eyes at the young woman as she enters the dressing cubicle. What exactly was this dress supposed to look like?

She hangs it up and takes a deep breath. The navy blue silk would reach just above her knees, the queen Anne neckline and the A-line type of dress would accentuate just the perfect parts. It was absolutely stunning. It was something that her mother would've sought out for her, her father would have told her she looked beautiful, her brother would've asked who the hell she was getting all dressed up for.

"Oh," Daria hears Alice exclaim. Daria quickly wipes away the tears before she pops her head through the curtain.

"What?" Alice smiles sheepishly at her.

"I have to go, Jasper and I are going out to dinner tonight." Daria raises an eyebrow but doesn't question the apparent date that was placed on the day that was supposed to be a girls day. "I'm sorry." Daria shakes her head and moves her hand towards the door.

"Oh go on, live your happy relationship life." She chuckles and Alice's expression turns into one that said 'sorry, but I really have to go' before waving and almost running out the door.

"Show me the dress." Rosalie asks, still waiting for Daria to emerge.

"Just a second." She had been in the dressing room long enough to have been able to put it on, but Rosalie seemed to understand the emotional sentiment behind it all. The fact that this was the first time shopping without her mother by her side, something that she had confided to the girls.

Daria glances in the mirror as she had put on the dress and a shaky laugh leaves her throat. This was how she imagined she would have looked at Frankie and Samuel's wedding someday. Slowly she steps out of the cubicle and Rosalie turns around, stopping dead in her tracks as she looks at the young woman before her.

"I think it's beautiful." Daria softly says and Rosalie slowly shakes her head.

"Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe it."

And though Daria didn't know if Rosalie meant the dress or maybe her, or if she even liked Rosalie in a way that was not simple friendly like, a warm feeling washes over her and she quickly glances down.

"Guess I just need the perfect shoes with it." Rosalie chuckles and waves Daria back towards the changing room.

"I'll get some. You want to go and eat somewhere?" Daria slowly nods.

"I'd really like that."