- 5 -

Daria had given Penny the day off. The woman had been with the Vaigo household for as long as Daria could remember and she didn't have a clue when Penny had her last day off. It was something that just had to be done for once.

Penny however wasn't as enthusiastic about having the day off. She had seen everything about Daria's life and knew that the young woman had been through hell and back, trying to get back on her feet after the incident. Penny also didnt like the fact that the Cullen siblings would be coming over. She didn't trust them. As majordomo, it was her duty to make sure that everything around the house and the lives of the Vaigo family went smoothly and the last part had been erased almost fully. Except for Daria whom she still had to protect, at whatever the cost. And the fact that she hadn't been able to find out certain things about the Cullen family; let's just say that she had gotten suspicious. Certainly when they had started to become friends with Daria. When Penny had brought up her suspicion with Enzo and Stella, they had waved her off. Daria had finally made friends that weren't in it for the money.

Daria, the young woman had no idea in what kind of people she attracted. Penny sighs at the thought of her and her seemingly ability to make everyone like her, but she shakes her head. There were cameras if she needed to know anything about what was going on.

"You're sure you're going to be okay today?" Daria nods as she almost closes the door behind Penny. "The chef prepared-.."

"I know, I know. I also know how to make food myself." Penny nods before sming faintly and walking over to her car. "Go get yourself a manicure or watch a movie or something. Relax!" Daria shouts the last word before closing the door and leaning against it and taking a deep breath. She had made sure that she had gotten the day off of school so she could just throw all the emotions in one day and the Cullens had done the same. The people in charge were rather lenient when it came to the Vaigo family, it helped that they contributed to half of their donations.

Though the siblings hadn't shown up yet, Daria decided she would start by searching through Samuel's room. Going through every drawer and every nook to make sure that she looked at everything before giving it away.

And that's how they found her. Emmett had hollered through the house that they had arrived but she hadn't answered. They had their ways of finding her and that's how they found her sitting on Samuel's bed, rummaging through his memorabilia. The small things he had kept from significant events.

"Edward couldn't be here." Emmett announces without another word as he walks into the room. Daria quickly looks up, removing herself from her own world and looking at the siblings.

"Bella?" She asks and Rosalie nods. "Good for him. Time for you all to find someone too." Emmett starts to laugh. "Maybe then you wouldn't be here, helping a sad girl who has to decide what she wants or doesn't want to keep from her dead family members." Emmett shakes his head.

"Nowhere we'd rather be." He looks around. "I didn't know Sam but he looks like someone artistic?" He glances at the walls filled with drawings and paintings and all different kinds of decor that he found special on his travels.

"This is beautiful." Rosalie murmers as her hands trail on one of the canvasses before her eyes widen and she looks at Daria. "Oh I'm sorry for touching it." Daria smiles at her.

"It's okay." She gets up and stands beside Rosalie, looking at the painting. All different colors and different shapes were formed into the silhouette of a man. "I actually painted that. One of the few things he actually liked." Daria chuckles.

"You paint?" Daria hums in response. "Sometimes you're just a mystery, aren't you?" Daria laughs and shakes her head.

"Ask around town, they'll probably tell you all about me." She sighs as she answers and looks around. "I don't really know but I didn't even start packing the clothes or anything so we can't move the closet yet." She purses her lips. "The dresser is ready though."

"We could help you pack the clothes and his things into boxes if you want?" Alice suggests and Daria frowns.

"We've moved around enough for us to know how to do it." Rosalie adds and Daria nods slowly.

"Okay, sounds like a plan."

The two sisters grab a few boxes and start to look through the closet, folding everything properly and sorting it before putting it in a box and writing on the top what exactly is in it.

Emmett and Jasper start to move the dresser and it doesn't even occur to Daria that it was made to be sturdy enough for a teenage boy with the occasional anger issues, meaning that it was incredibly heavy. Too heavy for normal teenage boys.

"Where do you want it?" Emmett shouts as they're halfway down the stairs.

"Just in the hallway for now." Daria replies as she grabs a few pictures and puts them in bubble wrap before placing them gently in a box. "Rose?" She asks as she sees how far they've gotten in Samuel's room. "Do you maybe want to help me in my parents room?" Rosalie nods before the two walk over to the master bedroom.

It was a slap in the face to see the room. Of course Daria knew what it had looked like, but she didn't remember what it felt like. A safe haven.

She feels tears creeping in but takes a deep breath as she looks at Rose.

"Same drill I guess?" She says as she lets out a breath laugh.

"If its too much, we all understand." Rosalie says as she lays a hand on Daria's forearm. "We all know what it is like to not be able to live with our parents anymore, in whatever aspect that would mean." Daria looks up and frowns. That was something that had slipped her mind. They were all adopted.

"It's okay." Daria mutters though she feels her heart ache. "Needs to be done someday." Rosalie nods slowly, as if she was unsure if Daria actually wanted to continue.

"You painted this too?" Rosalie asks as she gestures towards the large canvas above the bed. Four silhouettes were painted to look as if they were playing while the background existed of many different colors. Daria nods. Rosalie chuckles. "Maybe I'll need something for in my bedroom soon." She mutters just high enough for Daria to hear and her heart to flutter slightly.