11 | Manipulation

"I am a museum full of art but you had your eyes shut."

Of course

Of course.

I forgot to take my sleeping pills.

Such a stupid rookie move, and now all of my brothers are looking at me with worry and concern, like my family just died and I've gone off the rockers.

That's not entirely false, scarily accurate actually.

I meet the eyes of Bruno, who seems to be the only one who saw what I said. His eyebrows are furrowed and he looks like he's about to blow my cover.

"What pills?" He asks, and I shut my eyes in annoyance at his insensitivity.

Of course, he had to broadcast what I said to everyone in the room.

I turn my gaze to Axel, in hopes that he can save me from the mess I've put myself into, but of course he can't. He just looks at me with the same amount of concern as the others.

"Ah, funny story about that actually. How about we save that for another time, maybe in the morning when I have the energy to deal with this?" I question in hopes that the intruders will take the hint and leave.

"No, what pills are you taking." I turn my gaze to Marco, and I sigh.

"Fine, I fold. They're chill pills, so I can deal with all the bullshit. Happy?" I say sarcastically and raise my eyebrows with the question.

"Don't be stupid, what pills?" He growls, and out of the corner of my eye I see Lorenzo exiting my bathroom. I didn't even realise he went in there.

I knew I shouldn't have been stupid enough to leave the pills in the cabinet.

Staying silent in hopes that he hasn't found the bottles, I put on my innocent face.

Lorenzo chucks two bottles at Marco which he catches smoothly, one being my sleeping pills and the other as my painkillers.

Welp, I'm screwed.

"The fuck are those?" Elijah asks coldly, probably thinking I was a drug addict of some kind.

"Sleeping pills and painkillers. What do you use these for?" Marco asks me darkly.

"Funnily enough I use the sleeping pills to sleep, and the painkillers to kill my pain." I respond with a snarky tone.

"Cut the jokes, why do you have them?" He questions me and I yawn, I'm always tired but today I'm exhausted.

"Sorry, I get sarcastic when I'm tired. I get nightmares sometimes and those stop them. The pain killers are just in case I get hurt, I don't use them regularly. So could everyone please leave and let me sleep?" I ask politely, trying not to piss of the group of men that already look on the verge of explosion. I stand up and take the sleeping pills from Marco, who lets me.