27 | Dress

"The way they leave tells you everything"

We swam for a bit, and eventually got out

We swam for a bit, and eventually got out. It was really funny seeing the 'big, bad, scary' Italian mafia swimming and having fun in a pool. We ended up playing some pool volleyball in our clothes, which ended when Leo hit the ball directly into Alessandro's head.

I guess his point got proven about his throwing skills.

After dinner, where Elijah patiently encouraged me to eat as much as I could, I came back up to my room. I managed to eat a bit more than last night, but still not a lot. But slow progress is still progress, right?

I had a shower and washed my hair, trying to wrap up the end of the day.

I've been sitting here, wrapped up in bed for the last hour, watching Mr and Mrs Smith.

Angelina Jolie, absolutely iconic.

I watch them at each other's throats, the passion burning between the two of them in their intense battle scenes. If only someone would love me like that, no way would that happen with the overprotective giants that I live with.

A soft knock pulls me out of my sad train of thought, I reply with a simple "come in", pausing my movie.

"Hey Iz, Vince wants to see you in his office." Bruno says as he pushes open the door, smiling at the cocoon I've made for myself.

"Ok, thanks. What does he want?" I ask, genuinely curious as to where this is going.

"No clue, how are you feeling?" He asks, steering away from the subject as I force myself out of the warm bed before swallowing some dry painkillers.

"Much better, I mean my ribs barely hurt at all. I don't know, I kinda feel- stronger?" I say, unsure of my choice of words. As cringy as they might seem, they do quite accurately describe how I feel.

"That's good, after you talk with Vince, I'll take you back to your room and you can get a good night's sleep." He smiles softly as I exit the room, him at my side.

"Thanks." I softly speak back, returning the walk to silence.

We continue to walk in more comfortable silence for the rest of the duration of the walk, until we reach Vince's office. I knock on the door as Bruno gives me a comforting hand on my shoulder, before turning and leaving the way we came.

"Yes, Isabella." Vince replies through the door, urging me to enter the room. I push open the office door and see him in his office chair, glass of whiskey next to him and staring at a pile of paper.

"Perfect, I had a few things to discuss with you." He states as I enter the room, glancing upwards towards me. I shut the door behind me and take a seat in the chair in front of him, taking a relaxed position in it.

"So, as you know, the triplets are on school break right now. They've got a week left before they go back, and you are going with them. I've seen your grades, very impressive I must say. So you should have no issue adjusting to school here." He informs me, leaning back slightly in his chair at the end.