23 | Admit

"Sometimes home isn't a place, maybe it's people"

After Elijah took the X-ray photos, I was told to go back to the waiting room

After Elijah took the X-ray photos, I was told to go back to the waiting room. When I entered, the 7 of them rushed to me to see if I was ok, most of them angry at fact they hadn't been told anything.

I explained that I had an X-ray, and I would talk to them about it tonight, trying to calm them down. Vince had brought me into the room and provided a spot for me to sit in while we wait for the results.

To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

My knee is bouncing up and down frantically in panic as we all wait for Elijah to come back and tell me the inevitable news. I also have to tell them tonight about what happened back in London, which couldn't go down well.

What happens if reject me? Decide I'm not good enough and kick me out? Maybe even start abusing me too? What if I have to go back and live with Mateo? I surely would die.

Every reaction they could have is the reason why I haven't told them about it yet.

"What's going on, Iz?" Bruno gently provokes a conversation, I guess I haven't been hiding my nerves well, he saw right through my facade.

"Just nervous. That's all." I reply to stop him asking anymore questions.

"Would you stop with the knee bouncing?" Marco mutters with an annoyed look on his face.

"Sorry." I mumble back as I cease the bouncing. Usually, I would have found a way to retort back, but my energy is entirely drained.

I lean back in my chair and sink down into the seat, slouching while trying to get comfortable. I finally find a spot that doesn't hurt my back or ribs, so I cross my arms lightly over my chest and settle down. I let out a bored sigh and fiddle with my fingers tucked in my elbows.

After only a couple of moments in my new position, Elijah walks into the room holding a docket of papers. The pile looks intimidating, what could possibly be on all that paper?

"Come on, the results are back." He informs me in a kind, comforting voice, making me painfully rise from my seat. He approaches me and once again offers his arm for my aid, which I happily take and he leads me back down the hallway.

"Is it bad?" I have to know, it's been killing me.

"Let's just talk about it in here, alright?" He suggests as we approach a different door that I haven't been in yet.

"Mhmm." I muster up with all my energy and fear. He pushes open the door to be met with a spacious office room.

"Take a seat over there." He points to a chair beside the wooden desk and an office chair.

I sit down and he puts the files on the desk before leaving the room, giving me some time to take in my surroundings.

An examination bed lies parallel against the wall directly across from me, which is to the right as you enter the room. The wall behind me is completely taken up by a floor to ceiling bookcase, overflowing with medical science books and other non-fiction publishings. The file Elijah had brought in lies innocently on the desk to my left, as if it won't reveal anything to Elijah about me.