21 | Gelato

"If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it actually be?"

"How the fuck did you get out of there?" Marco yells over the noise of tires screeching.

Leo pulls out of the open gate and I let out a sigh of relief, checking over my shoulder to see the 3 oldest yelling commands at the guards. They run towards the garage, which is the last thing I see before my vision of them gets cut off my the fence.

"Alright, after you guys made it to the car, Eli and Alessandro turned around and came back to the house. From there, I tried it talk them out of murdering me. They didn't fall for it." I start to explain as we continue down the road at a reckless speed.

"We didn't get very far, you were lucky because we wouldn't have turned around otherwise." Marco scolds me while shooting glares at the back of Leo's head.

"Love you too. Anyways, there was a gap in the guards so I slipped past and ran out the back, then around the house. I'm shocked they didn't catch me." I finish while panting to catch my breath. Bruno shifts me so that I sit quite comfortably on top of him and Lorenzo.

The adrenaline of running numbed the pain of my ribs, but it is wearing off quite quickly. My ribs are on fire and my heart is pounding.

"Geez, where did you learn to do that?" Leo asks while keeping his eyes on the road.

My heart rate quickens as I recall a memory from the depths of my mind.

My heart was pounding out of my chest, I was inhaling and exhaling quietly to calm myself down and catch my breath.

"I know you're around here, Doll." A taunting voice carries through the house and echoes into the closet I had locked myself in.

"Fuck." I whisper to myself, barely audible and certainly not loud enough for Evan to hear me.

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" He sings while his footsteps get closer and closer.

"You know what you did. This game of hide and seek has been fun, but you ran away from me. You have to be punished!" He yells, now right outside the door where his footsteps stop.

The doors get yanked open and a wave of light rushes in, partially blocked by the silhouette of Evan.

"There you are, Doll. See, you can't run from me. Off we go." He mocks in a sickeningly sweet tone.

He grabs a fistful of my hair and drags me down the hallway.

"No! Dad, no! I won't do it again! I promise!" I plead but to no avail, my scalp still burns as he drags me through the house.

"Don't call me dad. And you know you'll do it again." He spits. My feet are kicking the air and the floor, desperately trying to stop the pain.

"Isabella!" Another voice yells from the distance down the hallway.