οκτώ

ᵍᵒᵈˢ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ⁱˢˢᵘᵉˢ

"I ᴏɴʟʏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏғ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

"I ᴏɴʟʏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏғ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ."

The least the mummy could've done was walk back to where she came from. I mean, she walked all the way here, she should've saved us the trouble.

Instead, Percy and I were elected to carry her. The kindness of giving it to the newbie and Percy, well... I think that much is obvious.

Standing over the body, I moved to the head. "You take feet."

"What?" Percy crossed his arms. "Why do I get feet? They smell lovely, much better than the head, you should do it."

"Ain't no way water boy," I grumbled. "I've done a lot of things but I refuse to put carrying mummy feet on the list."

He groaned, begrudgingly leaning down to the feet of the mummy.

"Watch her head!" Percy warned as we went up the stairs. But it was too late. 

Bonk! I whacked her mummified face against the trap door frame and dust flew. I coughed, scrunching my nose as some got into my nose.

"Ah, man." We set her down and checked for damage. "Did you break anything?" 

"I can't tell," I admitted. "Was that crack always there?" He shrugged.

We hauled her up and set her on her tripod stool, both of us huffing and sweating. Who knew a mummy could weigh so much? 

Just being in the room with it made me uncomfortable, it felt as if it were waiting for me. For me to say something or to leave, I have no idea. But I did not want to find out.

"That's enough mummy carrying for one day," I was relieved to finally leave the dead lady alone and slammed the attic door shut.

Percy stayed silent, his eyes trained on the wooden floors. It was obvious he was feeling down. I mean, why wouldn't he, no doubt most of the camp would be annoyed at him for doing what he did. Then there was that weird green mist lady and prophecy. Not to mention the girl that fell.

"Well," I said, silently hoping to lighten the mood, "that was gross." 

"What do you think will happen?" He asked. 

"I think I'm the last person who would know that, Percy," I admitted sheepishly. Grabbing his hand gently, I offered him a smile. "I'm sure something will happen so we can find Annabeth. She has to be where Artemis is right? So we find the goddess, we find Annabeth."

Red rose to his cheeks as he looked at our hands. "You're right, I just hope it will be soon."

"With what just happened, probably. She seems like an amazing person," I pulled away, ignoring the way his face dropped.