έντεκα

ʷᵃʸˢ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵉᶠᵉᵃᵗ ᵃ ˡⁱᵒⁿ... ᵗʰʳᵒʷ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ⁱⁿ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ

"I sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ʙᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ

"I sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ʙᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ."

Suddenly a hand grabbed my wrist. "I got you," Percy grunted, trying to pull me up.

Yet fate said differently as he slipped, falling over the railing with me. The both of us fell against the wing of an old-fashioned silver aeroplane; it pitched, almost sending us falling to the floor just three stories down.

An arrow whizzed past Percy's head as he slipped his hand down to clutch my hand instead of my wrist. The lion jumped onto the aircraft, and the cords holding the plane began to groan.

The lion swiped at us. Percy pulled me and we dropped onto the next exhibit, a weird-looking spacecraft with blades like a helicopter. We looked up and saw the lion roar—inside its maw, a pink tongue and throat.

"Our arrows are useless," I said; yet Percy shook his head as his eyes widened.

"Zoe!" Percy shouted. "Target the mouth!"

The monster lunged. An arrow zipped past it, missing completely, and we dropped from the spaceship onto the top of a floor exhibit, a huge model of the earth. Percy slid down Russia; while I slid down America and dropped off the equator.

The Nemean Lion growled and steadied itself on the spacecraft, but its weight was too much. One of the cords snapped. As the display swung down like a pendulum, the lion leapt off onto the model earth's the North Pole.

"Grover!" Percy yelled. "Clear the area!"

Groups of kids were running around screaming. Grover tried to corral them away from the monster just as the other cord on the spaceship snapped and the exhibit crashed to the floor. Thalia dropped off the second-floor railing and next to me, on the other side of the globe from Percy. The lion regarded us both, trying to decide which of us to kill first.

Summoning the bow, I notched an arrow and tried to aim in its mouth. The lion barred its teeth and stared down at us with an unyeilding glare.

"No clear shot!" Zoe yelled from above, Bianca next to her as they both notched another arrow. "Get it to open its mouth more!"

The lion snarled from the top of the globe. I glanced to the side, trying to find a better angle. I needed distance... the statue. I rushed towards the large astronaut statue and jumped onto its large platform; kneeling just in front of its large feet.  As I steadied another shot, I saw Percy run to a store by my side. 

"Hi-yah!" Thalia pointed her spear and a spidery arc of blue electricity shot out, zapping the lion in the tail.

"ROOOOOOOAR!" The lion turned and pounced.