Big Men Get Sick Too.. (REQUEST)

⚠️ TW: Fainting ⚠️

This is a request made by @sluupi  I'm really sorry it took so long!! End-of-school stuff left me with barely any time to write, so yeah. Now that summer is here hopefully I'll have more time to update :)

(Also I really hope this lives up to your expectations of enough fluff, I am DEFINITELY not good at writing comfort fics.. I think imma stick with angst in the future XD)

Third Person POV (Tommy):

When Tommy woke up today, he already knew today wasn't going to be the best day he'd ever had.

He was awoken by the blindingly bright sun shining in through his bedroom window. (He could have sworn he'd closed that yesterday.)

He couldn't breathe, and although he had yet to open his eyes, he already knew he'd be having to deal with a massive headache for the rest of today.

When he tried to roll out of bed, he ended up face-down on the dirty carpet beneath him.

He briefly wondered how it had gotten so dirty since the last time he'd cleaned it (about 2 years ago), but he was too tired at the moment to figure that out.

He very unwillingly got up and staggered towards his bathroom, leaning against the doorframe for a moment to wait for his sudden dizzy spell to pass.

He decided to splash his face with cold water. That might help make him feel more awake.

He was planning on maybe going downstairs and eating some breakfast, but then he heard his phone ring and immediately went to go pick it up. He wasn't hungry anyways.

He didn't even check who had called, so he flinched slightly as he heard Wilbur's voice break the silence of the voice call.

'Hey Tommy! What are you doing?'

'Eugh? Why..?' He cringed slightly at how strained his voice sounded. He hoped Wilbur wouldn't notice.

'I texted you on Discord about an hour ago but you didn't reply yet. I was just curious,' he explained.

'Oh... Yeah... I just woke up, I think..'

'You think?' Wilbur chuckled and Tommy could basically hear him raise his eyebrows.

'Tommy, it's 11 AM.'

'Is it..?' He looked down at his phone. 'Oh... you're right.. that's...' He didn't bother to finish his sentence. He didn't know what to say, so he said nothing.

'Toms? You okay?'

'Huh?'

'You just seem... I dunno, you're a lot more quiet and you kinda sound like shit, no offence.'

'Oh. Nah, I'm fine, Will. Just tired.' He assured quickly.

'Are you sick?'

'No no no don't worry. Stop worrying so much, geez! You worry too much..'

'I'm just- you're like a brother to me, Tommy. I'm obviously going to get worried...!'

He chuckled half-heartedly before realising how much worse his headache had gotten since they started talking.

'Okay okay fine, Will. But I really gotta go now.. stuff.. to do.. whatever.. bye!' He hung up.

Well that took awfully too long. His headache was killing him by now. Maybe he should lie down..

Then he remembered the reason Wilbur had even called him in the first place. Some sort of Discord message?

He needed to check that then. He could lie down after that.