Stimming: Tubbo's Autism Pt.2

⚠️TW: Implied/Referenced Ableism, Internalised Ableism, Self-Esteem Issues ⚠️

A/N: This is part 2 of the Tubbo's Autism series.

This particular morning wasn't starting off too well for Tubbo.

As soon as he opened his eyes, he knew he would not be getting as much done as he would have otherwise hoped. Yet he had so much stuff to do...

After a few minutes of pointlessly staring at the ceiling above him Tubbo sighed, slowly crawling out of bed.

Getting dressed he decided he couldn't stand to wear the light green shirt he usually did. It just felt too suffocating and itchy against his skin. He couldn't stand to wear it for more than two minutes, so he took it off.

He instead chose to just wear a simple blue hoodie, nothing too special, but he liked this hoodie for some reason. A lot. Wearing it just felt... right, in a way. It gave him a sense of comfort and freedom that no other item of clothing he owned could give.

The texture of it was soft. It wasn't itchy or made of a rough material, and it was probably about two sizes too big for him, but that didn't matter. 

It was usually what he wore on bad days like this, because Tubbo already knew this was going to be a bad day. Forgive him for his negativity, but he supposed he had a bit of experience with it by now.

Soon, he was walking out of his room and into the living room. There he found that Ranboo was already awake and sitting on the couch, on his phone.

He looked up when he heard Tubbo enter, and he smiled.

'Hey Tubbo! Good mornin'.' His voice was slightly deeper than usual, indicating that he too had woke up not too long ago.

'Hi Boo..' Tubbo muttered as he slumped down on the couch next to the older boy.

'Bad day?' He asked, noticing the tone of Tubbo's voice. Tubbo just hummed in agreement.

'Ah.' He said nothing more about it, which Tubbo appreciated a lot. He would have hated to have him make a big deal out of it.

***

Mornings always started off slow for Tubbo, because he needed some time to adjust and figure things out, which was why he spent the next hour watching an episode of South Park that he'd seen at least 23 times before.

He liked it a lot, plus, the familiarity of it sat well with him. Tubbo hated the unknown and the randomness of life in general, which was why he enjoyed making routines and things to keep stuff predictable, or rewatching the same show over and over, because he already knew what was going to happen and that was what mattered.

At first Ranboo had questioned these habits, but he didn't seem to mind at all.

All the time Tubbo was engrossed by the TV screen, he was rocking back and forth slightly and humming quietly to himself. Ranboo didn't mention it though.

The reason Tubbo always noticed that was because growing up, he was constantly reminded that these noises and movements he did were weird and unnatural, and that he must never do them in public.

If he did, his parents would scold him or put him in time-out and give him long lectures on how to be normal.

He'd heard it so much, so he'd compiled a long mental list of things he must and mustn't do:

1. Always make eye contact when talking to people

2. Speak clearly and normally (Tubbo never actually found out what "normal" is like)