Friday| Mini Series 0.1

I have a love hate relationship with this book....bare with me as I reupload chapters with a few tweaks and upgrades....y'all nasty asses love it, so ITS BACK!!!

Enjoy!

Wynter Rose Saint, 28

Tick Tock

Tick Tock

Wynter rolled her eyes at the clock on her office wall as she tapped her Jimmy Choo size 6 stilettos against the soft plush white carpet on her office floor, underneath her feet.

It was Friday and Wynter was beyond tired and ready for the weekend. Though she didn't have much plans besides attending her God-sister Tatianna's birthday party, she still wanted to be off work and away from these uppity ass white people.

As soon as the large old school clock on her wall turned to 5 pm Wynter grabbed her black leather biker coat slinging it over her slim 5'5 frame, before grabbing her black Gucci computer bag that held all her essentials and MacBook.

Clicking the fluorescent lights off in her office. She locked the door behind her as she said good bye to a few colleagues she liked.

" Great job Wynter on that Brooklyn School Asbestos story"

" thank you"

Wynter smiled.

She was the youngest and only Black woman Senior Writer at The NY Times at the age of 28.

She was proud of herself.

She worked her ass off to graduate from Howard University  a year early in Journalism at the age of 20. The daughter of South African immigrants her parents always installed in her a high work ethic but with that work ethic she lost a lot personally when it came to friends and relationships.

Wynter was 28 and only had one boyfriend her entire life. Due to only putting her education and career first her ex couldn't handel being second best.

The her friends were few as she enjoyed her peace. She wasn't one for pettiness or disingenuous friendships. Her wGod- sister Tatianna and small handful of people knew her silly and adventurous side. The late night puzzle finisher and anime lover. So rather than pretend to make friends Wynter keep her focus on her career and nothing more no matter how much she craved for something different.

Soon she was stepping off the elevator into the lobby of 242 Seventh Ave. Her bone straight jet black silk press sew-in swayed effortlessly down the middle of her back. Her small shapely body switched to its own beat. Her mink lashes were freshly done, along with her nails and pedicure.

She commanded attention even if she didn't know it.

" Goodnight Miss Saint! Have a safe weekend."

Joe the building Security Guard called out to the dark skin beauty as she smiled brightly up at him her perfect smile, due to 3 years of braces at 16.

Joe couldn't help but get giddy when he saw Wynter on his shift. The older white man wasn't usually into Black Women but it was something about Wynter that men just couldn't get enough of.

"thanks Joe, you too and tell your wife I said Hello"

"will do"

Joe responded as he kept his eyes focused on the sway of her hips in her black high waisted dress pants.

Soon Wynter breathed in deep as she finally hit the New York City streets.