Chapter 9: It All Comes Out

Rose's POV
Clearly Juleka and I had a lot to talk about. I'm happy that we both finally confessed our true feelings, but there is more to this than just that. "Juleka, what really was it that made you so upset? What happened after I left the boat?" Juleka seemed quiet and hesitant, even though we were together now she still seemed afraid to tell me. "It really is so stupid Rose. The girls all told me that you liked me, and that I should finally take my chance to tell you how I feel. I was so ready, I managed to fight off all my fear and doubt. I really felt so confident, until I saw you with Ali. I saw him hug you and when I got closer and heard him ask you out I just-" Juleka cut herself off, hearing her voice crack as tears threatened to spill. I hated seeing her cry, I hated hearing her whimper like that, it broke my heart every time. "Juleka; Ali and I may be very close, but compared to you? That's not even a competition. You've been by my side since we were little. You've made me laugh, you've comforted me, you've always been there for me and supported me. I love you and only you, and no one will ever change that. That's why I told Ali I had feelings for someone else when he asked me out. Because I have feelings for you Juleka." I smiled and cuddled closer to her, not wanting to get out of her lap to begin with.

Juleka seemed to calm down at my answer, smiling softly as she hugged me back tight and just held me. I love the feeling of it, I had been waiting for her to cuddle me like this for so long. I've always wanted to be with Juleka, I feel like I always knew that too deep down. It took almost losing her to see just how much I truly feel about her. "I'm sorry, it was stupid of me to think I was ever going to lose you. Whether you're my girlfriend or my best friend, I don't care as long as you're here with me." Hearing Juleka say that gave me butterflies. That's all I've ever wanted too, just to be with Juleka no matter what the title is. "I love you Juleka. I wanna be with you too, for the rest of my life. Although, I would prefer it as your girlfriend." I giggled softly at this, especially because of how it made Juleka's face flush red. She is so cute when she blushes, and now I know I can flirt with her and tease her as much as I want. "I love you too Rose, more than words will ever be able to describe."

~*~

The next day at school, everything seems to have corrected itself. Things were better than ever, of course with a few little problems here and there still working themselves out. The girls immediately rushed Juleka and I with a million questions, but after we explained everything they seemed to calm down. That was after they had a major freakout though about us finally dating. "I'm so happy for you girl! You two are perfect for each other." Alya said as she hugged me close, Mylene and Alix standing behind her. "It's so romantic! I always knew you two would end up together!" Mylene chimes in, which earns an eye roll from Alix. "Yeah whatever, it was so obvious they liked one another. I don't know why everyone is surprised." This makes the entire groups' heads turn in Alix's direction. "You're one to talk, we all saw that illusion heartbreaker made~" Alya says in a teasing tone, everyone giggling except for Juleka who looked confused. Juleka didn't remember though, so that wasn't too surprising. "Oh yeah! Heartbreaker's illusion for Alix was Kim making fun of her! Which means Alix likes Kim!" I shout with a giggle, which helps Juleka to better understand the situation. Alix's face flushed bright red, and she was desperately trying to steer the attention off of her. "I do not! As if I care what that brainless jock thinks!" She shouts, crossing her arms and looking away from us as her blush only got worse. She was obviously lying, and we all knew it too. "Yeah right, magical illusions don't lie Alix!" Alya teases some more, getting stopped by Marinette who finally joined the group. "It's okay if Alix isn't ready to confess her feelings for Kim yet." Marinette says, which only flusters Alix more.

"I don't like Kim! He's annoying and arrogant! He's such a hardhead and so overly competitive and-!" She was cut off as Alya once again stands in front of Marinette. "And you're totally in love with him. Do I need to point out the fact you're still wearing his sweatband?" She points to Alix's wrist, which sure enough still has Kim's sweatband on it. She stammers as her face seemed permanently stained red. There wasn't really much she could do to argue it, but luckily she didn't need to come up with an excuse since Marinette once again jumped to save her. "Marinette, you shouldn't put the attention on you right now. We all saw how you were being with Adrien earlier~" Alya teased, which sent Marinette into a flustered panic. Although, it was more common for Marinette so we were all pretty prepared for it. "Okay, so maybe Adrien and I are dating now but-" Marinette didn't get to finish as everyone else cut her off.