Chapter 6: I'm Gonna Do It!

I was terrified as I walked to Rose's house. My mind was racing with every possibility of how this could go wrong. I should've never let the girls convince me to do this! This is such a terrible idea! Ugh, why do I have to be so negative? Why do I make this so difficult? I act like I don't know that nothing I could say or do would make Rose love me any less. But the problem isn't her loving me any less, it's her not loving me as much as I love her. I'm not afraid of losing Rose as a friend, I'm afraid that's all she will ever be! If she rejects me how am I supposed to face her as just a friend again?! Oh my god why did I agree to this?! I'm an idiot! I'm the biggest idiot! Here I am walking to Rose's house to ask the question that could possibly destroy my relationship with my best friend. What the hell was I thinking? I can't pull this off.

"Do you remember when I said I'd always be there? Ever since we were ten, baby." I turn around to the sound of music and singing behind me, breaking me from my thoughts. Two kids around my age were sitting on the curb. One was a boy playing a guitar while the other was a girl singing beside him. They had the guitar case open in front of them that the small crowd around them was tossing money into. "I pray for all your love, girl our love is so unreal. I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me. This is something like a movie, and I don't know how it ends girl. But I fell in love with my best friend." The boy starts singing, as if he was singing to the girl rather than the crowd. You could hear his love for her in his voice as he sang.

I gently pushed my way to the front of the crowd, replaying the last line of the chorus in my head as if I was meant to hear it. Two people around my age, so in love and singing this song about friendship turned to love right as I was walking by. It was as if fate was trying to send me a sign.

I can't help but feel like this was exactly what I needed. To just relax and slow down for a moment without overthinking everything. I need to just stop doubting myself and go for it. I need to be confident. I run towards Rose's house, repeating the same thing over and over in my head to keep me from backing out. I can do this. I keep reminding myself that not telling her how much she means to me is ignoring everything that makes our friendship so amazing. Rose is the reason I came out of my shell and became more confident. Whenever I was sad, whenever I was alone, it was always Rose who was there for me. We're meant to be together.

I can barely contain my smile as I run, finally the flash of pink shows up in the distance, with someone standing next to her. I stop in my tracks, watching from the other side of the street as Rose jumps onto Ali in a big hug. He is hugging her back lifting her off the ground. Both of them are laughing as he spins her, all I can do is stand there and watch. "So, about that important thing I wanted to say to you . . . I know I haven't known you long and I haven't spent much time with you. But your kindness and joy has brought me such happiness. So I wanted to ask, if you might wish to be my girlfriend?" Ali asks, making me feel like all the oxygen was just ripped out of my lungs. I wanted to move, I wanted to say something to her, but I felt like I was frozen. Like time had slowed down and all the confidence I had just built up had come crashing down. I finally managed to move, but I don't cross the street. I turned around and walked away.

Just walking, looking up at the sky, feeling numb. I sat on the bridge at the Pont Des Arts, looking at all the locks on the fence, the locks that symbolize love. "I knew it was too good to be true . . . How could I be such an idiot to think she loved me when she had a guy like him?" I feel the tears fall down my face, staining the wood beneath me. And finally after so long of trying to hold it in, I broke down. Everything that had been piling up for days finally comes out. I reach into my pocket grabbing the picture Rose had given me that day she was late.

"You look cute in this one."

How could I have ever thought she could think of me as more than a friend? I really am such an idiot . . .

3rd Person P.O.V
As Juleka sat there, her heart shattering from what she just watched. On the other side of Paris, a dark and evil power was sensing her heartbreak, and smiled a wicked smile. As he entered his dark room, the only light coming in from the giant window on one wall, he grabs his stolen Kwami and transforms into the evil villain Hawkmoth. "A young girl whose heart has been shattered by her own best friend. How painful teenage love can be. What perfect prey for my Akuma." He says wickedly as he takes one of the beautiful white butterflies flying around him and turns into a dark purple and black Akuma. "Fly away my little Akuma! And evilize her!" He yells and sends the Akuma out through the small opening in the giant window.

Juleka's P.O.V
This is all my fault, I can't believe I actually thought Rose could love me as more than a friend. How will I ever face her again? She loves Ali, that won't change. What does he have that I don't? What does she see in him?! "Heart Breaker." I look up trying to figure out where the dark voice came from. I quickly realize who it is and stand up. "No! Get out of my head! Leave me alone!" I yell, I hear a dark and chilling chuckle. "Doesn't it hurt? To see the one you love walk away. It is so hard to be in love with your best friend." I try to ignore him, I try to shut him out, but his words cut like a knife. "No! Leave me alone! I don't want to hurt her!" I scream dropping to my knees in tears. "I know you don't, you want to protect her. To be with her forever. I can make that happen, all you have to do is give me Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculous." I try to speak but the pain is so strong, his power is overwhelming, like he is taking what I'm feeling and multiplying it by a hundred. "Do you really want to let her go? Where a guy like that no good Prince Ali can break her heart? You said it yourself, she needs someone to protect her. That someone can be you." I don't want Rose to get her heart broken, I want to keep her safe. "You know he doesn't deserve her. I can give you the power to protect her, and break the hearts of anyone who gets between you and your love. So they can feel what they've made you feel. All you need to do is give me Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculous. And you can keep her safe forever. And make it so all your friends can see what they've done to you!" I stand up, gripping the picture tight in my fist. "They will all pay for making a fool out of me!"