Chapter 7: The Broken Heart

Rose's P.O.V
"Juleka hasn't responded to any of my texts, why didn't she come see me if you guys all saw her leave to talk to me?" I sat in class with everyone crowded around me. Juleka had been ignoring me all day now, and no one can tell me why. "What did she even want to tell me?" I ask turning to the girls hoping for any answers at all. "She um, she just wanted to hang out with you." Alya says grabbing Marinette by the shoulder. "She could've just texted me that, did I do something wrong?" The girls all give me a sympathetic look, it just makes me feel worse. I would never want to hurt Juleka, I love her more than anyone in the world. I could never forgive myself if I pushed her away. "I'm sure she just got caught up in something and-"

Marinette was cut off by an explosion in down the courtyard, we all run out out of the classroom to see a giant smoke cloud in the courtyard. When the smoke clears, a figure starts to appear. "Attention students of Dupont High School! So you think it's funny to play with people's emotions?!" Wait a minute, I recognize that voice. "Juleka?!" The smoke clears and standing there is Juleka, but she looked so different. Her purple highlights in her hair are now a dark red. She has on a black suit with a heart broken in half on the chest. A jet black mask on her face and dark crimson eyes. "There is no more Juleka, her heart has already been shattered! I am Heartbreaker! And I will show you all how it feels to have your emotions toyed with!" She throws a smoke bomb towards us, causing the crowd of students to run out of the way. Nino wasn't fast enough though and was caught in the smoke. The smoke cloud started to form into a figure, vanishing to reveal a figure that looks like Alya! Except she had the same dark crimson eyes as Heartbreaker. "Alya?!" Nino yelled backing into the wall. She just laughs as she walks towards him. "I can't believe I ever liked a coward like you. I don't know why I ever went on that stupid date with you!" Nino looked really upset and confused, the real Alya ran up to him though. "Nino that's not me! You know I love you!" She says hugging him before turning around and shielding Nino from the clone. "Yeah. . . Yeah! You're not real dude! Leave us alone!"

The figure started to disappear into smoke again at this, as if there was no sadness and pain to fuel it. "Wait, where's Marinette?!" Alya yelled terrified. "She probably went to go get help, let's go!" Mylene yells as we all run. Juleka, or Heartbreaker jumped in front of us, blocking the way out. "I don't think so! You'll all pay for making a fool out of me!" She yells, throwing another bomb. The bomb hits Mylene and Alix, but Alya was too quick for it. Two clones of Kim and Ivan emerge from the smoke with the same eyes as Juleka. The clone of Kim walks up to Alix causing her to back up and trip over her own feet, which sent her tumbling to the ground. The illusion's eyes look to the sweatband on her wrist and laugh. "No wonder you still haven't confessed how you truly feel. Did you really think I'd ever like you? Our little competitions are a joke, and so are you." I could see tears in Alix's eyes. "N-No, I-" She continued to stammer, unable to speak. "Alix it isn't real! Don't listen to him!" Alya yells, but Alix didn't listen. Ivan's clone already has Mylene in tears, calling her a crybaby and a softie. I try to run to them, but Juleka stops me. "Come with me Rose. I can protect you from ever having to feel heartbreak." She says holding a hand out to me, I slap it away. "No! Stop it Juleka this isn't you! You would never want to hurt your friends!" She glares at me, pointing behind her at the girls. "Why should I care about them?! They're the ones that hurt me! They lied to me! And now I'm letting them see how it feels!" She yells before walking up to me, her red eyes are so cold and full of pain. I miss her beautiful soft and warm hazel eyes. "But I would never hurt you, I wanna protect you. I don't want you to feel the pain they made me feel. I don't want Ali to break your heart." She says grabbing my hands, is that what this is about? She thinks I'm dating Ali?! I thought I made my crush on her so obvious! And why does she care so much if I don't have a crush on her?

I yanked my hands away again. "No Juleka! This is wrong! You don't wanna fight Ladybug and Chat Noir!" Tears start to cloud my vision, Juleka still has her look of concern, but it's laced with anger. "This isn't you! Please Juleka, don't do this!" She looks at me shocked and her concern look turns to anger. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm doing this for you. With these powers Hawkmoth gave me I'll be able to keep you safe. It'll be just us, just like it's always been." She says softly, bringing her hand up and resting it on my cheek. "Please, don't do this Juleka." I say softly, resting my hand on top of hers and leaning into her touch. I miss her touch, I miss her, this isn't my best friend. "Juleka is gone, now, I'm Heartbreaker." She says, pulling me closer. "Well I don't love Heartbreaker! I love Juleka!" I yell, pushing her away. Her face turns from sadness to anger. "If you won't let me protect you, I'll just have to show you how much pain Prince Ali will cause you!" She yells before throwing a smoke bomb, blinding all of us as she vanishes. "Come on! We have to find her!" Alya yells running with Nino and I outside.

Marinette's P.O.V
Chat Noir and I were already on Heartbreaker's trail, she didn't even manage to get two blocks away. I can't help but feel guilty, I knew how much Juleka liked Rose and how Rose liked her back. It seemed like they would finally find out about each other's feelings. What could've possibly happened for Juleka to get akumatized?! "Now time to make Ali pay for the pain he has caused!" Heartbreaker yells as she once again slips away from Chat Noir and I. "Looks like Heartbreaker has a bone to pick with Ali." Chat Noir says putting his baton back on his belt. "She must've saw Rose and Ali together and got the wrong idea. Poor Juleka." I say softly as we run from rooftop to rooftop trying to keep up with her. "Any brilliant plans M'lady?" Chat Noir says with his usual flirtatious tone. "First we need to find where her Akuma is and-"

"Ladybug watch out!" Chat Noir yells, but a smoke bomb hits me right in the chest knocking me off of the roof. Chat Noir leaps off the roof and catches me before I hit the ground. "Thanks Kitty. That was a close one." He goes to say something but he smoke begins to take form into a person. When the smoke clears, Adrien is standing there?! I stare in shock as Chat Noir puts me down, also trying to process what he is looking at. "Adrien?" That was all I could seem to say before he laughed, and it sounded so cold and empty. "Did you really think I would ever love you? Someone as pathetic and clumsy as you? You hide behind that stupid mask but I know who you really are." His words felt like I was being stabbed in the chest. I could feel the tears starting to prick my eyes. Even if it was an illusion, seeing Adrien there and hearing him say the things I'm terrified to hear from him was too much.

"Ladybug! Don't listen to him! He isn't real!" Chat Noir yells. I can't even move, I feel paralyzed as I just stare at him. "I would never love someone like you! Ever!" The tears stinging my eyes finally start to fall. "Ladybug!" I manage to look over at Chat Noir, he was looking at me with a guilty look. "It's not real! Adrien does not feel that way at all!" He says grabbing my hands. "You're just a crazy stalker with a creepy crush on me!" The fake Adrien yells. Chat Noir gets in front of me, his hands on both of my shoulders blocking my view of the clone. "M'lady listen to me, it isn't real. Adrien would never call you any of that hurtful garbage. He adores you, he is crazy in love with you." He says with a soft smile. I look at him shocked and take a step back. "What? How do you know that?" I ask, shocked at his words. He smiles at me before leaning close to my ear to whisper to me. "Come on bugaboo, how many times have I told you that already? You should know by now I love you." He says softly before backing up. I look at him for a moment, analyzing his blonde hair and green eyes as I put two and two together. "Adrien?" I ask confused. He just smiles back at me. "Ladybug I love you, I've loved you since the day I met you." I just stare in shock before slapping him hard across the face. "You idiot!" I yell, walking past him and hitting the clone with my Yo-Yo, causing it to vanish.

Chat Noir rubs his cheek looking at me with a guilty look. "You're lucky we have an Akuma to take care of or else I'd kill you for revealing your identity like that!" I yell as I turn back towards him. "I'm sorry! I didn't know what else to do! But clearly you love Adrien, and know him in your civilian life. And I'm Adrien, which means I know you in civilian life too! Plus you were freezing up back there M'lady. I had to do something!" He says, before I could respond I hear someone shouting behind us. "Ladybug!" I turn to see Alya and Nino running towards us, Rose right behind them. "The clones vanish if there is no negative emotions to fuel them." Alya says out of breath.

"We just figured that out as well. Is everyone okay?" I ask, turning to Alya. "Nino and I figured it out when the fake Alya clone vanished. But the others are having a hard time not listening to them." I grab Chat Noir's wrist and start to drag him for a private discussion. "If negative emotions fuel the clones . . ." Chat Noir picks up on my idea and finishes my sentence. "Then we need to find a way to get rid of all the negative emotions and leave heartbreaker powerless." He says, finishing my thought. "And I think I know just the thing." I say confidently, trying to ignore all the emotions filling my head in order to focus on the task at hand. "Please save my best friend Ladybug. I hate seeing her in so much pain, I just wanted her to be happy." Rose says softly, giving me the perfect idea.