Chapter 5: I Really Do

I was playing guitar with the rest of our band. Rose was singing her heart out and Ivan was killing it on the drums. Luka kept giving me glances before he playfully bumped me with his hip, I laugh and playfully shove him back. "You guys are getting really good!" Marinette yells over the music that was slowly fading out. "Yeah you guys are awesome! Sorry I'm late guys." We all look over to see Adrien stepping onto the boat. "A-Adrien?!" Marinette stutters out trying to speak. Alya gives us all the 'here we go again' look and walks over to help Marinette recover. I walk over to Rose who was checking her mic volume. "You sounded great. Ready for Kitty Section's next video?" I ask helping her set the mic back up. "Yeah! This is so much fun! And I love being able to spend more time with you and Luka." She pokes my side and giggles, she is so adorable. "Well you are here almost all the time so-" She cuts me off and pushes me playfully. "Hush! 'Almost' all the time isn't enough!" She crosses her arms, her bright smile practically contagious. "Alright then, if you insist." I smirk and pick her up slinging her over my shoulder.

She starts laughing uncontrollably and hitting my back gently, making sure not to actually hurt me. "Juleka! Put me down!" She yells, but I don't budge. "Nope! I'm officially kidnapping you! You can't escape!" Rose giggles more and starts kicking her legs too. "Someone help! The goth queen has taken me prisoner!" Alix and Mylene run up and pretend to attempt saving her before backing off. "Sorry Rose she is too strong! We can't rescue you!" Alix says all sarcastically, Rose immediately catches on and whines. "You guys didn't even try! Marinette! Alya! Save me! She is gonna keep me here forever!" Alya gives her a smirk and grabs Marinette. "That's a problem? Besides we gotta save the prince first!" She yells pointing to Adrien. "Good luck Rose!" Alya yells with a wink. "You are all traitors! You're just gonna let her steal me?!" Rose whines, but everyone just laughs or nods. Eventually she finds my side and pokes it causing me to drop her. "Must escape!" She yells running to my room. "Hey no fair!" I yell running after her. Alya follows with the rest of the girls in tow, leaving the boys behind on the deck.

Rose was leaning against my bedroom door. "Any of you come in and I'm turning this room pink with glitter!" I gasp at her threat. "You monster! How dare you disrespect my dark sanctum?!" I can hear Rose giggle in victory on the other side of the door. We all share glances before smirking and all pushing the door in, sending Rose to her feet. "We got you now!" Alix yells, I grab Rose by the waist before she can run and pick her up again. She wraps her arms around my neck in fear of getting lifted off the ground. All the girls are laughing as they either sit on the floor or on my bed. I look down at Rose, her arms were still around my neck. Her beautiful sky blue eyes staring up at me, her face was just inches from mine. I don't know how she didn't notice my blush with how close she was. I put her down and sat on the bed, she sat on the floor in front of me. "Hey guys! How about we play truth or dare?" Alix suggests with an evil grin. All the girls except Marinette and Mylene accept the challenge, but Alya quickly coaxes them into playing. "I'll go first! Alix truth or dare?" Alya says with a smirk while leaning over to elbow Alix's shoulder, Alix smirks and crosses her arms. "You know I'm gonna pick dare!"

Alya's face glows with her evil smirk. "Alright, if you're so confident. I dare you to go steal Kim's sweatband off his wrist." Alix's face was priceless, but knowing her pride was on the line she gets up and storms out of the room. We all run to peek out as she walks up to Kim. We expected her to yank it off his wrist or jump on him, instead she hugged him. He looked surprise for a second before hugging back, as they pulled away Alix slid her hand down his arm and snatched and sweatband before running off with a victorious smile. "Alix give that back!" Kim yells running after her. "Nope! It's mine now!" She runs into the room and we shut the door giggling as Kim tries to open it. "Alix!" He yells just making us all laugh harder.

"Alright! My turn!" Alix yells as she sits down putting the sweatband on her own wrist. "Rose truth or dare?" Everyone's eyes drop onto Rose, Alix was gonna kill her. "U-Um, I guess I'll go with truth." The sigh of relief swept on the other girls, but I knew Alix wasn't gonna go easy on her either way. "Okay, if you had to be stranded on an island for the rest of your life with one other person in this room, who would it be?" Rose giggles at the question. "Is that even a question? Obviously Juleka! Being on an island like that would be so boring without my best friend." I smile and mess her hair up from behind her, causing her to giggle some more. "Okay yeah that one was kind of obvious." Alix says winking at me as if she was planning something, which makes my heart skip a beat at the fear of what it was. "I had a harder one, but I don't know if you'd wanna answer it." Alix says with a smirk. "It's okay, ask me!" Rose says happily, completely unaware of the sinister tone in Alix's voice. "Okay, if you insist. So, do you like girls or guys?" It felt like my heart stopped as she asked the question. "Oh um, both actually. I guess you could say I'm bi?" Rose says before smiling brightly again. It felt like I was just hit by a train. "Okay um, Alya truth-!" Rose was cut off by her phone ringing. She reaches for it confused and squeals when she sees the screen. "It's Ali! Oh my god oh my god oh my god!" Rose squeals, I grip my leggings trying to suppress the jealous feeling in my stomach. I'm being ridiculous getting worked up, and I don't want Rose to think bad of me. "I'll be right back!" She says as she walks out of the room answering the call.

All the girls eyes turn to me, I let my pants go and fix them trying to escape the awkward eye contact. "What was that about Juleka? You looked so annoyed." Mylene says sitting next to me. Marinette gives me a look and I nod before sighing and looking at the ground. "I like Rose . . ." The second the words leave my mouth the whole room erupts into girls freaking out. "I knew it! I told you Marinette I knew it!" Alya yells. I quickly shush the girls. "Quiet down! She is gonna hear you!" I whisper yell. "Sorry, we're all just so happy for you." Mylene says resting her hand on my thigh sympathetically. "We all knew how much you guys loved each other. It was only a matter of time." Alix says waving it off like it was nothing. "It doesn't matter though, you all heard her. She is clearly into Ali." I say softly bringing my knees to my chest. "What? No! Her and Ali are just friends! She just admires his kindness. Juleka, she likes you!" Alya yells grabbing my shoulders. Right as she says that Rose walks back in. "Ali invited me to go get some tea with him. Apparently he has something very important to tell me so I'm gonna head out. I'll see you guys later!" Rose runs up to me and hugs me. "Bye Juleka!" She yells before running out a giggly mess.

I look to all the girls staring down at me as the door shuts. "Yeah. She definitely likes me guys. She totally isn't into Ali." I say sarcastically and stand up. "Juleka, you'll never know if you don't try. Just tell Rose how you feel, nothing bad will come from it." Marinette says putting a hand on my shoulder. "What if she rejects me?" I ask turning to face her. She gives me a soft smile before crossing her arms, her smile turning into a smirk. "Rose cares about you a lot, even if she doesn't feel the same way she'll never stop being your friend." Marinette says, with a genuine smile. "Yeah, but you of all people knows how awful it feels to be 'just a friend' after confessing something like that." I say defensively, earning a frown from Marinette. "You didn't need to bring that up." She mumbles, but she had to admit I have a point. "Alright, well think about it this way Juleka, You can take a risk and have the most amazing girl ever as your girlfriend. Or you can let her run off with someone else, and always be just her friend. Never giving yourself the chance to be anything else. And take it from me, it's better to not be just a friend."

Marinette is right, I'll never get the chance with Rose if I never even try. "Yeah, you're right. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna ask Rose on a date!" The girls once again explode into a roar of cheers and awes.