Momentary escape - 1

Edited March 2, 2024

   Bakugo Katsuki is a mystery to his class. He has a big ego, no doubt about that, but he also has a big heart. He wants to become a hero to protect those who can't protect themselves but pushes others away and refuses to let anyone else try to help or save him. He stays closed off but isn't afraid to yell at his class for stupid mistakes and protects everyone in his own loud way. He tries to play it off and act like he doesn't care but his eyes say otherwise. All of 1A knows he cares for them and want to become friends with him but he always finds a way to avoid them. They can see how he watches those around him, constantly on edge as if a fight could break out at any moment. What they wanted to find out was why he felt that way and how to help him as he had helped them.

    The USJ attack was what really made his protectiveness evident as he didn't hesitate for a second to throw himself into the line of fire against Kurogiri and saved Kirishima's life on multiple occasions along with Aizawa sensei's when he got Todoroki and Kirishima to help him even out the playing field with All Might versus the Nomu. When Shigaraki went after him for messing up his plan with his hands stretched out to attack the boy, Bakugo let off two explosions which managed to remove a finger or two from each hand. As the villain screamed in pain and anger, the typically loud teen claims in a monotone voice that he can't disintegrate them if he doesn't have all his fingers to activate his quirk. He proved himself to be a good leader and quick thinker and since then Kirishima refused to let Bakugo push him away. The bakusquad was quick to form, much to Bakugo's frustration but they saw through his rough demeanor and the tension in the explosive teens shoulders seemed to relax a bit as he trains with them as he told them he won't always be around to protect them as they are idiots. They were amazed by how well he can control his quirk but worry over how much he pushes himself constantly to the point of exhaustion and awful cramps in his wrists that he refuses to let recovery girl heal.

    The sports festival had recently ended and Bakugo won first place just like he said he would. Him training the squad really helped them improve too and Kirishima won his all out battle against Tetsu Tetsu as he had greatly build up his endurance by going up against Bakubro. He lost against Bakugo but it was a close match and he could tell his friends were proud of him and he was proud of himself as well. Mina had improved her aim with throwing her acid with Bakugo giving her tips by yelling at her at times before the festival to help her focus despite her loud surroundings and watching him practice his aim with smaller explosion like shots. Sero lost going against Todoroki but it took a few tries for the teen to capture him in ice as his reflexes had sped up after training with Bakugo chasing after him with his explosions propelling him forwards. Kaminari lost against Ibura but only because she covered herself up in her vines. He had mentioned fighting the villains as an actual taser and Bakugo yelled at him for being a dunce and not realizing sooner that he didn't have to go into whee mode to knock people out.

   Though Bakugo sounded arrogant like his arrogant self to the crowd when giving his very short speech, 1A knew that he was once again taking care of others in his own way. By claiming to be stronger than the rest, he pushed all of UA to be the best they could be without them realizing it. This was one of the reasons why they had voted him class president even though he didn't even vote for him self. Some of them had seen his performance at the entrance exam and knew a powerful person like him would help lead them all to try to improve themselves so that they could keep up. He yelled at all his classmates after their matches and pushed them to do better. He visited them all in the waiting rooms after the matches to tell them to stop being stupid when upset for losing like with Momo as she needs to get out of her fucking head and just be bad ass because she can make fucking canons and that's nothing to sneer at. Aoyama got yelled at for being a dumb ass extra and making himself sick when he can shoot many baby ass shots instead. They all got advice in one way or another and Aizawa was quick to defend his student when the audience booed him for respecting Uraraka and giving the fight his all.