Informed conclusions - 4

Bakugo, Kirishima, Tsu, Uraraka, Mirio, Nejire, and Amajiki could feel the anger of all the gathered heroes around them grow. Nighteye had called a meeting earlier that week after receiving information needed to take the Shie Hassaikai including Overhaul down. The police were getting a warrant prepared as the heroes were informed of the new discovery.

    "During one of Fatgum's patrols, a quirk enhancing drug was discovered and is being created by the Shie Hassaikai. There was also one used to cancel out a quirk for a time being." Amajiki's head ducked down even further towards the floor. "Once studied, it was determined that it was made of someone's blood..." Nighteye pushed his glasses up and looked around the room before continuing, "It has also been revealed that Overhaul has a daughter who was discovered by Mirio Togata and Bakugo Katsuki during a patrol... she was seen to be covered in bandages..." Horror filled many pro's eyes as they realized what Nighteye was implying. Some even looked like they would be sick while Aizawa just looked ready to kill.

   "Regardless of whether this theory is correct or not, this little girl needs saving. A warrant and large police force are preparing to help us in the invasion next week. Please keep your eyes and ears open and be prepared in case the invasion is scheduled sooner than later."

As all the heroes leave one by one to process the horrific meeting, Aizawa has his four children sit down once more along with Mirio, Amajiki, and Nejire. "I know this is a lot for you all to handle and quite a dark topic for your first mission but you can not discuss this in public. We cannot risk this getting out so only talk about this in the privacy of your dorms when no one else is around." Aizawa pauses as the four quickly agree before turning to his number one problem student. "Now, knowing you Bakugo, you will try to rush in to save the girl and no doubt Mirio will try the same but you need to stick with me. Just because you reach her first doesn't mean you've saved her. Without me there to cancel out Overhaul's quirk, you would have to protect the girl, yourself, and fight all at once. So use your brain that I know you have for once and take care of yourself as well. You will do Eri no good hurt."

   "You can count on us Eraserhead!" Mirio says as he jumps from his seat and placed a hand on Bakugo's shoulder. "Oh I'm counting on it." Aizawa says with a smirk before walking out of the room. Most of the group quickly follows to give Mirio and Bakugo some space. "Don't worry Dynamight! We may not have saved Eri the first time, but we haven't given up on her. We are going to save her! And this time we have help! She asked us to save her and that's what we are gonna do!" Mirio says as he clenches his fist.

    Bakugo begins to nod in agreement but his eyes soon widen in shock. Mirio notices this and questions the younger blond, "What's wrong?" "I keep replaying her last words to me in my head..." Mirio's normal happy smile turns into a dark frown. "I hear her in my head too..." He sadly stated as he looks down to the ground and clenches his fists. Bakugo sat quietly for a second before speaking up again, "When she asked for help what did she say word for word?"

   Mirio looks at Bakugo perplexed. "Well... she asked for help." "No." "What do you mean?" Bakugo takes a deep breath and looks Mirio dead in the eye, "She said 'help us...' meaning she may not be the only one needing saving..." Mirio's eyes widened in fright. "How many more do you think he has with him?!" Bakugo's knuckled turn white as he tried to prevent angry little explosions from escaping. "Amajiki was shot with a bullet that stopped his quirk..." Mirio looked up when Bakugo paused and saw growing tears in his eyes. "It's a long shot, but my best friend was kidnapped four years back and he was quirkless. Whose to say they aren't using his blood to cancel and Eri's blood to strengthen..."

   A few stray tears managed to slip down Bakugo's face as he rushed to wipe them all away. Mirio watched silently trying desperately to think of a way to encourage his younger friend. In the mist of this, neither boy noticed when Nighteye and Aizawa walked back in to check on them. Each man sat a hand on the boys shoulder, Aizawa with Bakugo and Nighteye with Mirio. Mirio jumped in surprise and Bakugo just continued to wipe away his tears. Aizawa squeezed his problem child's shoulder in comfort.

    "Sir?" Mirio asked in a surprisingly quiet voice. "What is it Mirio?" Nighteye responded. "Bakugo and I were talking... what if... what if more than one person's blood was being used?"  Both heroes heads shot up at the comment and stared at Bakugo. "Why do you think that boys?" Nighteye pressed. "Aizawa sensei you remember me talking about Izuku right?" Bakugo said sounding quite defeated. Nighteye looked to Aizawa and he just nodded. Bakugo turned to Nighteye, "Izuku was kidnapped when we were both 11 and was quirkless. I had protected him over the years and since he was taken no body was ever found. I may just be clinging to false hope but what if he was taken for his blood to somehow create the bullet that nullified Amajiki's quirk? Eri also said help us not help me when we ran into her..."

   "You could be right but Izuku may not be the one with her. Any one of the missing persons cases could be with her but I will keep this in mind. I will mention this to the scientists studying the bullets and contact the police for information in the case file. For now, I want both you boys to rest and know I will do everything I can to rescue Eri and possibly Izuku as well." Nighteye looked both the boys in the eyes and they nodded in acknowledgement. Aizawa took them back to the dorms and Bakugo slept well for once knowing that soon enough he may get to hold his little brother safely in his arms again.