Emotional reunion - 9

Izuku can't bring himself to move at first and Kacchan doesn't seem able to either. A small tap to the face from Eri, snaps him out of his shock and Izuku's wings fly him into his big brother's arms before he can even process what he just did. He tightly wraps his arms, legs, and wings around the older boy and shakes as he sobs. His brother's arms quickly hug him back just as hard and carries them both to the bed and sits down for Eri to join in as well. Eri's little arms grip at both boy's shirts as she tries to wrap them in a group hug before her small voice asks, "Zu you're crying! Are you hurt!?" Izuku looks up with a watery smile and shakes his head. "No Eri, these are happy tears. This is my brother I told you so much about, remember?" "Kacchan?" Eri asks with tiny sparkles in her wide red eyes. "You still call me that Zuki? I thought you agreed to call me Kat from now on!?" Katsuki teases with fake annoyance in his voice. Izuku giggles as tears continue to slide down his face but Eri who has rarely experienced any teasing gets defensive. "Be nice to my big brother you loud meanie!" "He was my brother first squirt!" Katsuki argues and Eri responds with a huff as she stands up on the bed and crosses her arms, attempting to look intimidating. Katsuki lightly glares back and crosses his arms as well, completely ignoring the fact that he is practically arguing with a toddler. The sound of Izuku's laughter breaks the fight up and nod to each other satisfied as he promises that he doesn't mind being both of their siblings.

The rest of the visit went by all too quickly and Eraserhead apologized for having to steal Katsuki away again so soon. Remembering to give Eri her promised unicorn stuffie before leaving, he promises to return and asks if they would be okay with his hag and old man visiting too. Eri was left extremely confused as she hugs her new favorite toy to her chest as Izuku happily nods. Gently ruffling both children's hair before leaving with a smile under his scarf, Eraserhead leads Katsuki away and promises he can visit again in a few days. Still weak from being ripped apart and rebuild, Izuku is brought a wheelchair after pressing the button to request a nurse and the two spend a good portion of the remaining day exploring the garden build for patients to enjoy. Eri happily clings to Izuku as she sits in his lap as he wheels them both around naming all the flowers he can remember his mother teaching him about.

   As the sun begins to dip behind the horizon, nurses arrive to bring everyone back in and Mrs. Kya looks over them once again before allowing them to go to bed. The bed is the softest Izuku has ever slept on, including throughout his entire childhood and after sleeping on a thin, cold cot for years, Izuku can't help but slightly freak out as he feels like he is being sucked in by the bed. The pillow is just as soft and Izuku fears he might suffocate as he lies on his stomach and is afraid move his head should it cut off his access to air. Turning to lay down on his back, the bed comfortably cradles his wings and the feeling is so foreign that he wonders if this is all but a cruel dream he will eventually wake up from. A sharp pinch to the arm changes his mind as pinching yourself in a dream isn't supposed to hurt and he hears Eri shifting in the bed next to him. "Bubba?" Eri whispers. "Yeah?" Izuku whispers right back. "Can we sleep on the floor please, this bed scares me." "Too soft?" Izuku asks and Eri responds with a small hum. Grabbing the blankets and sheets from the two beds, Izuku places the blankets on the floor for cushioning and lays down partially on his side to wrap Eri up in his wings and pulls the sheets over them both before falling into a peaceful sleep.

Nurse Kya is greeted by this sight for the next few days and has given up trying to change their minds as it is obvious they sleep better on the floor and warns their visitors of this as they enter the room. Just as promised, Katsuki had arrived to visit and brought along an old friend he had met during the case search for Izuku. He warned the man on the drive to the hospital to not yell and promised to explode his ass all the way to hell if he scared Izuku or Eri. This man's name is Yagi Toshinori and despite the promised threat, he was brought to see the young man he had grown to know become more willing to show his more caring side. Everyone knew his hero name and what he looked like as he had lost hold of his form against the fight with All for One but with Mirio's help, had captured all the league and defeated his top nemesis so he was dressed with a ball cap, sunglasses, and oversized coat to hide. The idea itself was good but most people could tell who he was if they took the time to do a double take at his figure that was clearly trying to not be identified.

   Katsuki walks in first and shakes Eri awake. She hums tiredly as she blinks awake to look at who distributed her sleep with a little glare. "Hey squirt, wake up Zuki for me will ya?" He requests and Eri gives a nod before poking Izuku's cheek and giggling as he grumbles. "Come on nerd, wake up!" Katsuki demands and Izuku sighs loudly before groaning and sitting up slowly to not throw Eri off of him. "You awake now? I got someone here who wants to meet you." Katsuki explains and teasingly taps Izuku's cheek until the boy pushes his hand away. "Alright come on in you bag of bones!" "Kat! You can't call someone that!" Izuku exclaims in shock but freezes when a familiar booming laugh he hasn't heard in a few years sounds from the doorway. "I am here!" All Might says in a tone softer than usual but Izuku's excitement turns to confusion and shock as a wet cough follows as does a squeal of terror from Eri can heard right after. "What just happened?!" Izuku asks at the same time as Katsuki scolds the hero, "I thought I fucking told you not to scare them you stupid skeleton!"

Eventually the full situation is explained in a simplified version for Eri's sake and everyone calms down for the most part. Eri remains a bit timid around All Might and Izuku tries to heal the retired hero only to get scolded by everyone including Eri as he is supposed to be resting and not overexerting himself or his quirk. However once that calms down, Eri uses some new words she learned from her new older brother and calls AFO "a fucking bastard who deserves to rot in hell with the bad man!" (Overhaul) and a new chaos ensues as Katsuki agrees with her while Izuku questions if he should tell Eri not to use those words as he feels the insult was deserved. Yagi and nurse Kya disagree though and are quick to try and explain that you shouldn't use those words as they are very mean. Eri agrees with them and happily promises not to use the bad words before saying that "those villains are still bastards though." Which leads to Katsuki falling out of his chair in laughter and Izuku shrugging and stating that "she isn't wrong..."

AN - I am so so so very sorry for not updating this story in so long. Life has been crazy and I honestly have too many stories going on at once that I can't always keep up with them all! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!