Growing worries - 5

That night, as Bakugo finally slept well, Nighteye was up in his office reading through old missing person files. He didn't want to give the boy false hope but his theory was beginning to have more evidence to support it. For one, in many cases, if a person is kidnapped it is due to the power behind their quirk not lack of one. Slave rings were quite popular for kidnapping strong children and selling them or training them to fight to the death for entertainment. Children without quirks, as rare as they had become, were known for committing suicide around their teen years not found in kidnapping cases.

   Nezu had also been informed of Bakugo's growing theory as he had been in a experiment lab for quite some time in his youth and had been lucky to escape. Overhaul had only just recently became leader over the years as the previous leader had mysteriously disappeared. Not much was known about him besides his reputation but he was known for being very brutal. Nighteye heavily sighed as he looked down at the picture of a young and happy Izuku with a smirking Bakugo by his side.

   He had wanted to know about Bakugo's past but this was not how he wanted to discover it. The boys had been extremely close and to be the last one to see your best friend you consider a brother be taken from you is not an easy thing to live through. Izuku's father worked overseas for most of Izuku's life and currently still did and his mother had recently passed away. Her broken heart and terrible eating habits after her son's kidnapping took a toll on her body and her heart gave out nearly a year back. Besides Bakugo and his family, Izuku had nearly no family left.

   As Nighteye continued to worry about Izuku and his future, Eri hugged his weak body tightly to hers and worried if he would even make it through the night. She knew that his quirks would not let him die that easily but this was his worst punishment yet. It had been hours and no one had even thrown any bandages in for Eri to patch Izuku up with. She could feel Izuku's tears fall into her shoulder as it grew wet and tears of her own were falling as well. But she couldn't let Izuku die so she did her best to pull herself together.

   As the night grew colder, Eri wiped her tears away and went to grab the single thin blanket they had been given with their small cot that sat currently unused on the floor. It had become so old that she easily tore it into strips and took off what was left of Izuku's uniform. It was just an old hospital gown but it was all they were ever allowed to wear for to her it was their uniform. She salvaged as much of it as she could and took the strips and wrapped them carefully around the worst wounds. None of them were bleeding excessively but the amount of wounds slightly bleeding were enough to cause concern.

   "Please wake up Zu!" Eri whispered as she wasn't strong enough to roll him over and treat all his wounds. Her brother let out a soft groan and at a painstakingly slow pace, leaned to his side to let Eri fully wrap up his wounds. She worked quickly and Izuku occasionally pointed out a bad wound or two that Eri missed as his mouth was still sewn shut. They left the smaller wounds alone as they slowly ran out of cloth strips and Izuku laid on his stomach once they finished to not irritate his back and wings too much.

   For once Izuku was glad to have his demon quirk as he used it to slightly numb the pain as his eyes grew an eerie, dark green glow in the dark. Eri tried to let him have the cot to himself for the night but Izuku made her compromise and snuggle into his side for warmth. Both siblings shivered in the cold but said nothing as they had grown used to it over time. The salt water that still slowly dripped off Izuku didn't help matters either.

   As morning came, everyone woke up with various emotions. The heroes worried and some blamed themselves for somehow not having picked up on something being wrong earlier. The work study students struggled with the thoughts of class while not knowing Eri and possibly Izuku's current situation. Overhaul woke up still furious about his pets trying to run off and causing him problems. As for Izuku and Eri, they never truly woke up as the cold night never let them go to sleep.

   As the cell door creaked open, Izuku was too stiff and weak to get up and Eri pressed herself further into Izuku for comfort. Overhaul walked up to them with his gloves off and activated his quirk, ripping Izuku apart. But just as quickly he put him back together with the blood removed and only harsh scars behind as a reminder. Eri fell off the bed as Izuku disappeared for a split second and couldn't make herself move as Overhaul glared down at her. "You will be given the day to rest and blood will be drawn tomorrow. Cause any more trouble and I won't be so kind."

   Overhaul walked out without another word and rearranged their door. The metal screeched as it was pushed and pulled and became part of the wall with only a small flap for food that was locked from the outside. Izuku shivered from his body being in shock and the pain of being rebuild. Eri gave him a hug and the pair silently cried as Eri begged in her head to anyone listening for the heroes to save them.