Mind flooding memories - 6

"What quirk did you get Izu!?" An excited four year old Katsuki asked. Little Izuku nervously hugged himself and looked down. "Um... I- I'm quirkless Kacchan..." "Huh?" Katsuki asked as he watched Izuku squeeze his eyes shut, obviously trying not to cry. "I can't be a hero without a quirk Kacchan... I broke our promise!" Izuku nearly screams at his best friend but stops crying when Kacchan flicks his forehead. "Quit being stupid Zuku! I'll be your hero and you can be like Nezu by telling me how to best beat up the bad guys!" Katsuki exclaimed proudly and smiled a smug smile as he puffed out his chest. Izuku's eyes practically sparkled, "Waaah! Kacchan you're amazing!"

The scene suddenly changed and the boys were walked out of the grocery store at age eleven. Katsuki's fists were a little bruised and Izuku had a few bandages on but both could care less. Some bullies had beat up Izuku while Katsuki was in the bathroom but received a beating when he returned. It had been like this for years and it had become tradition for them to walk to the store after school and buy some hero merch to cheer Izuku up. "Wow Kat! I can't believe we found a rare Eraserhead merch! I mean All Might is cool but Eraserhead practically fights quirkless!" Izuku rambles having completely forgotten about the fight. Happy to see his plan still works, Katsuki just smirks and nods along to the familiar ramblings.

According to the shop keeper, rain was coming soon so the boys cut through an old alley way they believed to be safe. Which it was, until it wasn't. Katsuki felt his vision go dark and began to panic. "No! Please! Not again! Don't make me see this again!" He pleaded in his mind as his sweet dream turned to nightmare. He would never forget watching his little brother getting dragged away and being too weak to save him. He had played the event in his constantly over the years but hated reliving it at the same time. His vision brightened and he watched through blurry eyes, as a man in the alley carelessly dragged an unconscious and bleeding Izuku into their van by the hair and drove off.

   "Come back!" Katsuki weakly yelled as he forced himself to stand back up on shaking legs. He fell and begin to cry for the first of many times he would over the loss of Izuku. An annoying beeping begin to sound as he wept and continued to get louder. Bakugo woke up with tears running down his face and sat up with a sigh, "damn it..." Today was the day and he had been having dreams like that all week. He got dressed in his hero costume he so wished Izuku had been around to help improve and went downstairs to eat a small breakfast.

   Right on the dot at 6:30, Aizawa Sensei walked in, nodded to his four students to follow him, and walked out. Bakugo quickly followed and his mind unfocused until Nighteye once again informed the heroes of the plan and the additional fact that the boy Izuku Midoriya could very well also be a prisoner of the Yakuza. Katsuki can feel the concerned eyes of Kirishima, Eraserhead, and Nighteye and clenches his fists in anger. He meets their eyes and nods to confirm he will be okay for the plan and the three nod back. They all hop into different cars and Bakugo watches out the window.

   They pass an elementary school and all he can see is him and Izuku running out excited to play at the park in their neighborhood. Their mothers would always smile at each other as they ran past and follow slowly behind. They would play heroes together and fight fake villains that Izuku would make up. Bakugo blinked and the streets continue to blur by. He closes his eyes and berated himself as he needs to focus on Eri first. Izuku could be there but they know Eri is, making her first priority.

   Looking out the window again, Bakugo recognizes a certain street making his heart burn. He could remember Izuku's excitement when they passed the tv store one day to see All Might fighting live against three villains! He had one of his favorite All Might figurines in his hand and pumped his fist in the air like All Might, when the hero won. Both of them knew he would win but they enjoyed the fight non the less. Bakugo forced himself to shake the memories away.

He watched as they all finally arrived at the villains base and sighed at the sight of so many heroes from his childhood. He could easily image his little brother running from hero to hero, begging for autographs and asking endless questions about their quirks. After all, quirks became his hobby as he didn't have his own to improve, so Izuku made it his goal to help everyone else improve instead. He had spent hours writing down in his notebooks and telling Katsuki all about them. He loved to draw images of them all with their costumes and come up with support gear ideas as well.

   Katsuki forces himself to focus again and not a moment too late! Overhaul's goons had noticed the mass collection of heroes and police and attacked. They were clearly only brute force but the quirk enhancing drugs made them much harder to handle. Immediately, some of the heroes split from the group to help the police and the race to save Eri and Izuku began...