Distracted by worries - 3

Not all the students had been accepted into work studies so when Bakugo returned to class, everyone was eager to hear how it went. So when Bakugo just sat at his usual seat and didn't use the chance to call them extras once more and show how superior he was to them, the class knew something was up. Sure, Bakugo wasn't always yelling at them or calling them extras, but even they would have taken the chance to brag if they had gotten into a work study. The self named "Bakusquad" was especially worried as they watched their leader almost defeated as he absentmindedly stared out the window by his seat.

   Even their teachers were thrown off by Bakugo's performance throughout the day. He didn't even pay attention in class when normally he would yell at his classmates if he caught them goofing off in class before Ilda could even begin to robotically chop his arms at them. But their final clue something was truly wrong was when Bakugo didn't even complain about Lunch Rush never making his spicy curry spicy enough for him.

   As Bakugo made his way down to the dorms, Mina pestered him for answers. "What's wrong Bakubabe? You never act like this?" "Yeah man! You're acting so unmanly and sad when you're normally the manliest man I know!" Kirishima, the resident shark boy proclaimed. "If I tell you will you leave me alone?" Bakugo demanded. "Sure man, we just want to make sure you're ok." Sero piped up. "Follow me." Bakugo huffed and stomped off.

    The group of six made their way up to Bakugo's dorm and all quickly sat around in a big circle. "Spill" Denki and Mina said together impatiently as their worry grew with every passing second. Bakugo sighed and slowly ran a hand through his hair before beginning, "Do you guys remember that missing quirkless kids case that got kidnapped a few years back?" "Yeah I think so, but didn't they give up on it a year or two ago saying he was most likely dead?" Sero questioned. "HE ISN'T DEAD!" Bakugo roared as a single tear slipped down his face. Everyone just mutely nodded and awaited for their friend to continue.

   "His name wa- IS Izuku... we were both 11 at the time and we were on our way to the store because the nerd wanted to search for some rare Earaserhead hero merch..." Bakugo's stops for a moments as his favorite extras stare at him jaws dropped to the floor. He sadly rolled his eyes, "Izuku was my best friend and I had promised him the moment we found out he was quirkless that I would be his protector. Even back then, my reason for being a hero was to protect those that couldn't protect themselves..."

   "What... what happened to him?" Jiro whispered. Tears again began to develop in Bakugo's eyes, "Like I said, we were walking together to the store. I though I could protect us like I always had but I... I was wrong... Someone knocked me out from behind and as I woke up all I saw was the fuzzy outline of someone dragging my little brother by the hair into a van and driving off..." "Little brother!" Kirishima mouthed to himself as he felt for his friend. Bakugo nodded again. "We may as well have been brothers... we grew up together all the way back to when we were in diapers..."

   "Oh Bakubabe... I'm so sorry..." Mina cried. "But wait! What does that have to do with what happened yesterday? Did you find a clue to where he is!?" Sero asked. "No. Not really." Bakugo said shaking his head. "Me and Mirio were on patrol and a little girl dressed in bandages ran into me... all of her bandages reminded me of all the times I healed up Zuki whenever the bullies would jump him when I wasn't around..." Bakugo's eyes seemed far off as a small, sad smile fell on his face.

   "Anyways, she reminded me of Izuku and as she hugged me tight, her so called father came up to us... he claimed she was clumsy and somehow scared her into running back to him and they disappeared into the alleyway she came out of... Mirio stopped me from helping her leaving yet another person I could have saved at the mercy of that monster to be hurt once more... how can I be a hero if I can't save those right in front of me...?" Bakugo whispered with torment in his eyes. His head dropped into his heads and he begin to cry.

   Bakugo soon feels his friends wrap him into a group hug and for the first time since Izuku, let's himself truly relax and be vulnerable around people. "You already are a hero Bakugo. You're a fool if you think otherwise. Just because you didn't save someone the first time doesn't mean all hope is lost. Someone as stubborn as you should know that. If you had told me about it sooner, I could have already begun to help look for clues when on patrol." Aizawa Sensei grumbled through his scarf as he leaned against Bakugo's dorm. "You extras left the door open for everyone to hear!?" He roared trying to hide his excitement.

    Aizawa huffed and rolled his eyes, "No problem child, I have a key to everyone's dorm and got worried when the most emotionally detached child next to Todoroki and maybe Tokoyami was heard crying." And for the first time in a while, Bakugo was shocked and had no smart remark to snap back with. But he snapped out of it soon enough when his group of self proclaimed friends begin to roll around in laughter. They teased him about his facial expressions and after letting some explosions pop they then hung out as Bakugo told them of his favorite adventures with Izuku. He was happy and first the first time in years he could talk about his brother without tears streaming down his face. He wasn't alone anymore and he was going to find Izuku no matter what!