𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓞𝓷𝓮. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 🦋

You first saw him in a dream. You had no idea where you were but you identified your surroundings as a forest. As you tried to explore further because of seeing houses in the distance, something kept you from walking out. It felt like an invisible energy that didn't let you through. Thanks to your consciousness, you didn't freak out. You knew you were dreaming.

Since this was your only escape from reality, there was no doubt you were gonna enjoy the living daylights out of it. The place did look beautifully magical after all. Little flowers were scattered around and you settled for a place in a bushy corner aside a shimmering river.

Subsequent to lying down, you admired the stars while brushing your fingers over the red roses that grew in the bushes surrounding you. The sky was so dark and the stars were so shiny that you congratulated your mind for it's creativity. After all, you had made this up right? Surely your mind must have crafted this magical space.

"Who are you?" You heard a masculine voice behind you. Did your mind also create a person? As you turned around your lips spread apart, you were astonished. Your head really outdid itself now. This guy... did your subconscious really design this guy? He was gorgeous. You weren't about to be rude so you took a breath before responding. "Hi, I'm Y/N."

"Well... hello Y/N. I'm Camilo. I haven't seen you around. Did you just move here?" He sat down beside you, studying your face. His thoughts circulated on the fact that you were very pretty. There was a glow about you and he couldn't put a finger on what it was exactly. "Not really. I'm just here... I guess," you answered. If this was really a dream and you were aware then it was safe to say you were lucid dreaming. So... you could do anything you wanted right? You willed a tree in front of you but nothing happened. "Huh? That's weird," you said out loud, trying again.

"What's weird?" He asked turning his head the way you were looking at. "Well... I guess there's no point in lying. Look, this is my dream after all but I'm having a bit of trouble controlling it." You were confused. You should be able to do whatever you wanted. This wasn't your first time fantasizing and you'd done it before in other lucid dreams.

"Um are you feeling ok? This isn't a dream you know... I know I'm real," he squinted his eyes and looked at you puzzled. There was no way...or was it? Could it be so crazy to believe it? To believe him? He sounded so sure.

"What- what do you mean? If this isn't a dream...if you're telling the truth...That would mean I traveled somewhere in my sleep," you whispered trying to figure out how you got there. Now that you thought it through... you had never dreamt in this much detail. Ever. Maybe...maybe it wasn't so farfetched to believe you were in a different world?

You didn't know why but his presence felt so comforting and calming. A definite change from the overwhelming negativity in your life.

You turned around to look at him, focusing on his features. Wow he was very handsome. As you stared, he stared back. What was such a beautiful girl he'd never seen before doing in his favorite spot? You were very pretty... too pretty.

Suddenly his eyes settled on your skin, noticing once again it was glowing slightly. It seemed as if your aura was... visible. It was silver and glittery and made you look ethereal. Snapping out of his thoughts about you he spoke in awe."You're glowing. You're... magical."

"Me? Magical? No way! You look too perfect. You must be an- you're an- an alien. And you look otherworldly and... I think- I feel like I'm not supposed to be here but at the same time... I don't want to go". You admitted. It was all true. You didn't know why but his presence was comforting and calming. A definite change from the negativity in your life.

Him? An alien? The way you said it- the tone. It honestly sounded like a praise. It felt like a compliment. He supposed that, to you, he was indeed an alien of sorts. Blinking rapidly, he tried to shrug off how flustered he felt at you calling him perfect. "Then don't go! Stay here. We haven't even gotten to know each other yet."

Did you have anything better to do? No. So you obliged. You sat down and after introducing each other properly, the conversation got personal. Very personal, in fact. He asked and you answered which lead to you sharing your misfortunes and aspirations. He did the same. You told him about the solitude you had to deal with in your world. How you were pretty much alone. He was compelled by your experience. It felt insulting to him. Such a lovely girl with no one by her side?

He told you about his family, his younger brother and his sister who had gotten married a few years before, his gift and how he still felt pressured by his family even if it wasn't as bad as it'd been before. Then, he opened up about his fear of being alone.

"I come here to think. It's the best spot and it's right beside the river. I like to look at the fish while I'm here. They make me feel less lonely. I've been having trouble sleeping so I'm here more often," his smile turned into a frown as he went on.

"These days I haven't been... feeling the same? My sister is out on a trip with her husband and my younger brother is always hanging out with his animal friends. Mom and dad won't stop pestering me about marriage and- if you asked anyone in town, they would tell you I have a lot of friends. But none of them feel genuine. Deep inside... I still feel alone," he admitted looking down at the small fish swimming in the shiny water.

A sharp feeling like that of a small dagger puncturing your heart took you by surprise. You felt like crying. Such a lovely guy with no one to listen to him? "I get what you mean. If I get to ever come back here, I'll listen- whenever. Believe that," you said as your lips forming a genuine smile, trying to lift the mood a little bit.

You could use a friend. Even if this wasn't your world.