𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷. 𝓓𝓲𝓭 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓜𝓮𝓪𝓷 𝓘𝓽? 🦋

Alma didn't let you sleep in his room, not even on a different bed.

"You may stay with Mirabel while the preparations are in progress."

She claimed it was inappropriate before the wedding and you may only converse in a public setting. Kind of a bummer but it was more than enough.

Camilo and you walked hand in hand to the town's establishment of your choosing. He insisted you should order whatever you wanted. As you strolled around town, you wanted to ask him a question regarding his proposal.

"I got so much to say! I- I don't even know where to start," he exclaimed moving his free hand excitedly.

"Wait um- First I just want to know... are you certain? Did you really- actually mean it?" You asked without taking another step.

"What cielo?" He turned to you, eyes slightly narrowing in confusion as to why you stopped walking.

"That you want to marry me," you responded. Did he just say that because he felt he had to? Or to get you out of the uncomfortable situation?

You knew deep inside he wouldn't just speak of something so important without being truthful about it but... the insecurities that whispered in your ear, frequently initiating many doubts in your old world made you fearful of his answer. You just needed a confirmation to feel at ease.

"More than anything," he answered with the same decidedness you'd heard when he made the announcement. You were astonished and comforted.

He really wanted to marry you- to be united with you officially! In front of everyone.

"So do I," you said feeling the weight of your worries get lifted off your chest.

"He really meant it. It's actually happening." You thought to yourself. He beamed at you when he noticed your relief.