The Prophecy

Marigold's POV

"Would you believe me if I said they were up ahead? I can see a little girl, a brunette girl, and a tall blonde boy. They have to be Lucy, Susan, and Peter." He said, being oddly specific.

"Really?!" I exclaimed. He pointed straight ahead of us and I could barely make out their figures.

"How can you see that far? And how did you know their names?" I asked him.

"I'm Father Christmas." He said, shrugging his shoulders as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

As we started getting closer to them, they started running. "What are they doing?" I asked him.

"They probably think I'm the Witch. Happens more often than you think." He said, continuing to drive towards them.

When we got close enough, we saw them dive into a ditch. Father Christmas pulled on the reigns, stopping the reindeer. We both got out and stood by the sleigh as a small figure came out of the ditch, trying to be sneaky, only to realize they failed when we made eye contact with them. It was a beaver. He looked at us in shock, mainly at Father Christmas. I don't think he knew what to make of me. The beaver smiled and waved to Father Christmas before leaning over to get the others. I guess he scared them because Lucy screamed.

I saw another beaver come out and hug him and kiss his head. They must be husband and wife. I then saw Peter, Susan, and Lucy come out of the ditch. Peter and Susan looked flabbergasted while Lucy had a huge smile on her face. Father Christmas started laughing while I smiled at the children, relieved to see that they had made it safely.

"Merry Christmas, sir. And to you, too." Lucy nodded to both of us, a warm smile on her face. I figured I'd keep to myself for the time being, and let them have their moment. 

"It certainly is, Lucy, since you have arrived." Father Christmas said to her. 

"Look... I've put up with a lot since I got here, but this..." Susan exasperated. 

"We thought you were the Witch." Peter said, ignoring her.

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry about that, but in my defense, I have been driving one of these a lot longer than the Witch." Father Christmas said, patting his sleigh. 

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia." Susan said, walking forward.

"No. Not for a long time. But the hope that you have brought, Your Majesties, is starting to weaken the Witch's power. I've been able to break some of her curses because of that. Still, I dare say you could do with these." Father Christmas said before reaching into the sleigh bed and grabbing his bag from the back, throwing it over and onto the ground, laughing at the action. 

"Presents!" Lucy cheered making me giggle at her. 

He took out a few objects and extended them to her. "The juice of the fire flower. One drop cures any injury." He passed her the cordial and then offered her the next item. "And even though I hope you never have to use it..." He handed her a small dagger

"Thank you, sir, but I think I could be brave enough." She smiled at him.

"I'm sure you could. But battles are ugly affairs." He said before giving her a gentle smile. Lucy went back to her siblings while Father Christmas grabbed the next few items.

"Susan." She stepped forward, seeing him looking at her. "Trust in this bow and it will not easily miss." He said, handing it to her. The quiver had her initials on it.

"What happened to 'battle are ugly affairs'?" She retorted making him chuckle lightly as he held out the next item. "Though you don't seem to have a problem making yourself heard, blow on this, and wherever you are, help will come." He handed her a beautifully crafted horn.