A World Left Behind

Marigold's POV

I turned around and was met with Aslan, holding his hand out to me while bowing. I bowed to Joetheus and he bowed back before going over to join his wife and daughter.

"Oh, the Great kitty cat wants to dance with me? I'm so honored!" I mocked him.

"That's Lion to you, Flower Queen." Aslan mocked back, growling quickly, which was a rather attractive thing in human form. I blushed and chuckled at him.

"Of course, I'll dance with you." I chuckled, taking his hand and pulling him towards me.

He placed his hand on my waist while I lifted mine to rest on his shoulder. We began to sway to the music, moving into a dance across the floor. I hadn't seen it but the Narnians had begun to clear the floor for us, allowing him to twirl me around and dance.

"If I haven't told you already... you look beautiful, Marigold." He told me, holding me close to him.

"Thank you. And you look handsome, Aslan." I responded.

"Thank you, my love." He smiled at me.

He dipped me swiftly and then pulled me back up, closer to his chest. But we continued to dance - everyone watching with smiles.

I can't tell you how long the song was because I was lost in Aslan's eyes as we danced. The back of my dress spread out as we twirled around, allowing him to hold me tightly and spin me. I closed my eyes a few times when his arms wrapped around my waist, relishing the feeling. I felt like a princess, even though I was technically a queen.

When the music ended, Aslan slowed his movements to a stop. He bowed and kissed my hand sweetly. The music changed to another song leading the others to join us on the floor, I frowned.

"What's wrong?" Aslan asked me.

"I want to keep dancing with you like that." I admitted.

"Then we shall." He said, pulling me into a sway again.

We begin to dance once more but this time, he led us away and into the garden, away from the party. We continued to dance around the water fountains until he stopped us. He looked at me with soft eyes and pulled me in for a gentle kiss.

I didn't hesitate to kiss back. When he pulled away, we smiled at each other.

"I love you." We both said simultaneously causing us both to chuckle.

"I, uh, I want to show you something." He told me. He gently grasped my hand and lead me further into the gardens, sitting us down on a bench.

"What's going on?" I asked him, seeing the ghost of a smile on his lips.

"Two things, actually." He corrected himself.

"Aslan, what is it?" I bounced impatiently making him laugh.

"Look up, darling." He said through his laughs.

I narrowed my eyes at him before looking up. I could see the beautiful stars that lit up the sky but there was one star that was brighter than the rest.

"Do you see it?" Aslan asked me, scooting ever-so-slightly closer to me on the bench.

"You mean the star that is brighter than all of them?" I asked and I nodded.

"It's called 'Elijah.' The wise star." He told me. My head snapped towards him and my eyes went wide.

"But that was--" "Your father's name, I know. That's why I've named it that. For him, for you." He told me.