The Witch's Return

Marigold's POV

As the sun shone on my face, waking me up, thoughts of the night raid to get Edmund back flooded my head. I rose from my cushions and stretched before exiting my tent. I went to wake Aslan but it seemed he was already awake and out. I left his tent and made my way toward the center of camp, wanting to find Oreius.

I found him in the strategy tent, marking things on a few maps. He heard the rustle of the tent curtain, making him turn to me.

"Mari, how are you?" He asked me, dropping the formalities since we were alone.

"I'm just fine, but how about you? Did everything go smoothly last night?" I asked him. He nodded to me with a smile.

"Yes, no one got hurt and we rescued the young prince with no problem. Even got to taunt that dwarf that's always with the Witch." He chuckled.

I remembered the dwarf he was referring to, he was the one who hurt Tumnus instead of the wolves.

"Good, he got what he deserved." I replied.

"He did. Now, tell me what has been going on with you and His Majesty?" Oreius asked me with a teasing tone making me scoff playfully.

"I'll be leaving now, General. Thank you for returning the boy to his family." I said before turning around and leaving, making him laugh.

Knowing that he'd most likely be with his siblings, I started my way over there. I could feel a small presence following me, but I had to laugh to myself because I knew exactly who it was.

"You can join me, Evangeline." I chuckled, looking behind me to see her peeking out from behind some crates.

"How did you know I was here?!" She gasped at her discovery.

I gave a heartful laugh at the young faun. "I'm a lioness dear, I have heightened senses." I explained, still laughing.

"That's not fair! You would always win at hide-and-seek!" She pouted, coming to stand next to me.

I chuckled at her before licking her face, not wanting her to pout. She giggled before bringing her arms up to wipe her face.

"Eww!" She squealed. I giggled at her, making her laugh. The smile on her face grew.

"Now tell me, why were you following me?" I asked her.

"I wanted to see the humans... Mom says to leave them alone but I can't!" She explained.

I smiled at her gently before waving my head with a wink, telling her to follow me. She squealed in excitement before skipping next to me as we walked to the children's tent. When we arrived, I could see Edmund coming down a hill, Aslan right beside him. I reached out my paw and stopped Evangeline, seeing the three siblings waiting for him to come down.

"Let's wait here until they've reunited." I told her and she nodded.

"What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past." I heard Aslan tell the other three before turning and walking toward me.

"Good morning, Marigold." He bowed to me respectfully and with a dashing smile.

"Good morning, Aslan." I bowed back, not taking my eyes away from his. He moved his body to stand right next to mine while still looking at me. However, we both looked away when we finally heard Edmund speak to his siblings.

"Hello." He greeted them, frozen in fear of their reactions.

Lucy rushed towards him and engulfed him in a hug, making me smile. Susan went up to him next, rubbing his shoulder comfortingly before bringing him into a hug.