The Battle

Third POV

The battle wasn't going as well as Peter hoped, even with them raining flaming arrows on them, they were still outnumbered. He signaled back to his brother and the troops, telling them to draw the enemy into the rocks where they could hopefully gain the upper hand. There, the archers rained arrows down on them again which only did so much.

Ginnabrik aimed his bow and shot down Peter's white unicorn. Edmund looked horrified at the scene and Orieus noticed, turning to see what he was horrified about. Seeing his King in danger, he quickly drew his swords and ran past Peter with a rhino, as to protect his King from oncoming enemies.

Despite Peter's protests, he went on, taking down plenty of enemies before coming face-to-face with the Witch. He swung his sword her at and she fought back, unfortunately, when he jumped above her, she was able to stab him with her wand... turning him to stone.

-----

Aslan and Mari, with the girls on their backs, ran toward the Witch's castle, much to the girls' confusion. Mari was following Aslan because she knew what he was doing and had full trust in him.

They entered the castle and made their way to what felt like a cemetery to Mari - stone statues were scattered everywhere but they weren't normal-looking statues, it was as if they had been frozen in time. It didn't take long for Mari to realize these were all victims of the Witch's wand.

Lucy quickly got off of Mari's back and Susan followed. Lucy ran off, as if in search of something.

"Lucy?!" The Lioness called out after her.

Mari could hear the drips of water throughout the castle as she searched for Lucy, as the snow and ice were melting. She finally found Lucy looking at the statue... one she recognized.

"Mr. Tumnus..." Mari breathed out at the sight. She couldn't believe she forgot about him after he saved her life... or tried to.

Lucy began to cry at the sight of him. Susan quickly went to Lucy's side to comfort her. Aslan, feeling Mari's sadness, brushed up against her, making her look at him.

"He tried to hide me from the Witch when I first got here..." She said to him and he nodded.

Aslan slowly stepped forward toward Mr. Tumnus. He breathed on the statue before backing up to stand by Mari again. They all watched as the statue started to regain color and break in certain places. Mari realized that his breath was bringing him back to life, similar to when he healed her wound. Mr. Tumnas fell to the ground before looking up and seeing Lucy. She quickly brought him into a hug.

Lucy quickly introduced him to Susan who also hugged him before he turned to Mari and Aslan.

"Your Majesties." He bowed to both of them. Mari gave him a thankful nod and he returned it, knowing exactly who she was.

Mari looked over to Aslan. "Can I do that?" She asked him.

"I don't know, why don't you try?" He responded. She went over to one of the statues and breathed on it - and just like how it had with Aslan, the statue began to turn back into the person.

She looked over to Aslan with a huge smile. "It seems we have some work to do." She told him with a smirk and he nodded, returning the smile.

"Come, we must hurry and search the castle. Peter will need everyone we can find." Aslan said, nodding to Mari and the girls. He quickly turned around and started undoing the Witch's curses.

Mari quickly went around and started reversing the curse on the statues herself. She went from room to room breathing on statues. She came to a corner room, went over to a group of soldiers, and breathed on them as she did the others. When they turned back they bowed to her with a grateful smile, she bowed back - but one of them caught her eye, he looked somewhat familiar.