Apart of Something Greater

Marigold's POV

I'm not sure how long Aslan and I lay there together, enjoying the other's company and comfort.

I only know that when Oreius came to check on us, the sun was setting.

"Come, we must eat dinner and celebrate." Aslan said, moving to get up, making me move my head.

"Celebrate?" I asked him. "What for?"

"You and Aslan of course! The prophecy has been fulfilled! This is only the beginning!" Oreius cheered before turning around and leaving.

I grinned at the centaur's expressions. He looked so hopeful and happy. Because of the strength Aslan has, they now have the upper hand in defeating the White Witch. I tried not to think of our previous encounter, but it was hard, and I couldn't help but wonder if she knew about our prophecy being fulfilled. If she did, she's probably upset at herself for not killing me before.

"Mari?" Aslan called out my name, pulling me from my thoughts. "They're waiting for us."

"Yes, yes, sorry. Let's celebrate." I said, putting a smile back on my face.

We walked out of the tent, side-by-side, and were greeted by a cheerful crowd, dancing and eating. Music filled the air and dryads danced in the air.

"How did we not hear this from inside?" I asked Aslan, smiling at the sight before me.

"My tent has a sound enchantment on it. It does well for privacy, meetings, and other things." He explained.

"The music is beautiful." I state, looking around at the people dancing. I almost missed my own two feet.

"Just wait until you try the food." Aslan grinned, nodding his head over to the table.

People greeted us with bows and grins as we walked to the table. I smiled at how they weren't afraid to approach us yet still held their respect for us. As soon as we got to the table, I melted. The smell of the food overwhelmed me, making me exhale in delight.

"Oh, my goodness, everything smells heavenly..." I trail off in bliss.

"My King! Lioness!" A female faun cheered. She told us that she already prepared plates for us and guided us to where they were. Seeing the bowls of food there for us was nice, reminding me that I don't exactly have hands to eat with.

"It all looks delicious, thank you...?" I trailed off, not knowing her name.

"I'm Moira, Your Majesty." She bowed to me.

"Oh, no - I'm not--" She skipped away back to the table before I could correct her.

"I hope you're hungry." Aslan chuckled, seeing the amount of food before both of us.

"Trust me, I am. I've got a bigger stomach in this form." I laughed to myself.

As we ate, we watched the Narnians dance and sing, pausing to cheer when each song was over. The food was full of flavor, tasting of things I had never tried before but were delicious, nonetheless.

"Attention!" A Narnian cheered. The crowd quieted down to listen. "It's time for the Song of Hope!"

I was about to ask what it was when suddenly everyone got quiet again. A single faun with a familiar-looking instrument got up on the raised platform in the center of the field, standing in front of the band. As he began to play the melody, memories flooded my head.

"What are you doing, sir?" I asked the Professor. He was sitting in front of his fireplace, holding some type of wooden item. He turned around and looked at me surprised, not hearing me come in.