9

In the backseat of the car, Gaeul crossed her fingers, praying with every breath that the date would work out, whoever this girl might be. Wonyoung had left Yujin absolutely in the dust, and she couldn't handle watching Yujin starve and work for days straight without sleep until deep indigo shadows settled into her face again.

GE: yujin :D good luck on your date

GE: if shes mean ill set her on fire

YJ: thank u Gaeul :) by the way, when are you getting home?

GE: im out with friends right now actually

GE: but i think ill be home by 9!

YJ: okay see ya

GE: see ya

"Where'd you get this date anyway?" Rei asked Liz.

"My brother's friend's friend had a friend who was lookin' for a pretty girl to blind date too, so I set them up!"

"It's a long story," Wonyoung said.

"What?" Rei said, confused.

"Oh, from my brother's friend's friend. She's a highschool kid, but she has her connections because of her older sister."

"That is a long story," Gaeul said. "You have a lot of connections."

Maybe it would work out after all. Gaeul relaxed, leaning onto Rei's shoulder in the backseat. She caught sight of Wonyoung fidgeting nervously with her thumbs.

Your brother's... friend's friend... had a friend-

Gaeul's eyes widened, suddenly remembering the conversation with Hyunseo and Yujin the night before.

The dots had connected too late.

No, no, oh god, I can't let this happen to Yujin.

Fumbling, she opened messages and tapped in a text to Yujin.

GE: YUJIN, DON'T SHOW UP|

"We're here!" Liz announced.

"C'mon!" Rei said, hurriedly dragging Gaeul with her by her wrist as Wonyoung and Liz stepped out. The phone was knocked out of Gaeul's hand. Rei shut the door, not noticing Gaeul's phone laying on the floor of the car, screen still open.

GE: YUJIN, DON'T SHOW UP TO THE BLIND DATE. IT'S WONYOUNG|

With a sinking feeling in her stomach, Gaeul watched as Wonyoung entered the café.

"So where do we go now?" Gaeul asked.

"Let's hang out at a bar," Liz offered. "That one."

She pointed towards a small pocha not that far away from the café. Gaeul accepted. At least she could be close by in case Yujin needed her.

As they ordered finger food and drinks, though, Gaeul couldn't help the nerves that had started knotting in her body.

.

Yujin had picked out a navy and white striped zip up sweatshirt and black wide legged jeans with Hyunseo's eagle eye for fashion.

"You're tall and pretty, so really, whatever you wear will rock," she had complimented, fluffing up Yujin's hair with her hands.

"That's your date!" Hyunseo whispered to Yujin outside the window, pointing at a woman wearing a black cap with a teddy bear stitched into the front. She looked as tall as Yujin, casually dressed in a sweatshirt and skirt.