21

"We'll go over this part again, okay? And if we can't get it, that's it. I'm fried for today," Rei groaned. Gaeul nodded tiredly in return. She was in a mental lock. Her phone rang in her pocket.

She held up a hand to Rei and took it. "Hyunseo?"

"Hi Gaeul! I'm gonna come over for dinner!" Hyunseo chirped.

"Ah, but Yujin's busy today-"

"It wasn't a question! Umma made danmuji and I'm bringing it over."

Rei's eyes sparkled. "Who's that?"

"My sister," Gaeul said, hushed, before going back to the call. "Alright, fine. But don't burst into the house again. Knock at least-"

"Okie dokie! Oh, by the way, Liz has a big crush on Rei."

"I know," Gaeul hummed with her phone sandwiched between her shoulder and her ear as she popped a knuckle. "And I'm pretty sure it's mutual too."

"Well that wasn't the juicy response I was hoping for," Hyunseo sighed on the other end. "Anyway, see you later!"

"'Kay, bye-"

Click.

Gaeul stared at the rate your call!  on the screen and scoffed. She jammed it back into her pocket.

"You wanna come to dinner?" she asked Rei.

Rei nodded. "Can we bring Jiwon?"

"Sure."

.

Yujin and Wonyoung had gotten comfortable. Wonyoung leant against the couch, her legs splayed across Yujin's lap while Azzo slept in hers, both of them lazily watching Yujin sketch on the floor. After a while, though, Azzo yapped and moved to the couch, and so did the girls.

"You still don't draw people?" Wonyoung asked. Yujin shook her head.

"Why?"

"Just because," Yujin answered simply.

"Is it because of me?" Wonyoung prodded, swinging her legs off Yujin and leaning closer.

A beat of silence passed. "Maybe," Yujin said. It was curt, but not unkind.

Wonyoung frowned. "Sorr-" was all she could get out before Yujin pinched her lips together with her index and thumb. She whipped away. "Hey! That was an owed apology," she whined, pouting.

"The ticket machine is broken and I don't take any more of those, sorry," Yujin joked. "I could accept a kiss, though."

Wonyoung lit up, though she tried not to look too enthusiastic. "On the..." she tapped her bottom lip. The anticipation could've killed her.

Yujin put her sketchbook face down.

"Nope, not yet," she laughed, "but you can give me one here." She tapped her cheek. Wonyoung leaned over and happily pressed her lips to the soft skin.

"Show me what you're drawing." Wonyoung reached out across Yujin's lap and took the sketchbook by its spine. Yujin didn't object, twirling her pen between her fingers.

In blue lining ink and unbroken lines, Yujin had constructed an image of abstract shapes, colouring in some irregular angles completely. It bled slightly through the paper and spotted the next page.

"What's this?" Wonyoung asked.

Yujin took the sketchbook from her and turned it landscape.

There was the picture. Steady lines made a thigh, then a little blob at the end before it sprouted into a torso. The little blob had shaded, jaunty shapes along the bottom of it, giving the illusion of fur. Then, two mismatched triangles for floppy ears.

There were more shapes, this time longer ones, blocking out folds and wrinkles in clothes. More organic strokes made long locks of hair tumbling down the front of shoulders, then stylised, knobbly knuckles and fingers rested on the animal in the subject's lap.

"Is that me?" Wonyoung gasped. She wanted to trace the lines with her finger, but she didn't. Maybe the ink wasn't dry and she'd smudge it.

"Who else is sitting beside me with my dog in her lap?" Yujin grinned, taking the sketchbook from Wonyoung and closing it. She leaned to the side and set it on the coffee table along with her pen. She moved Azzo onto the floor, who didn't mind, going to sleep again.

"Can I do something?" she whispered to Wonyoung, lips by her jaw.

"Is this one of your tricks where you lick your finger and stick it in my ear to gross me out?" Wonyoung chuckled, even as she felt hairs raising along her nape.

"No," Yujin laughed softly. Then: "You might like it."

That's all it took for Wonyoung to nod, hopefully less frantically than she thought she did, before Yujin started pressing kisses under her ear, then down the column of her throat.

"Here?" Wonyoung whimpered, one hand in Yujin's hair.

"Why not? No one's home," Yujin said, holding Wonyoung's other wrist above her head with their fingers locked together. She kissed Wonyoung's cheek.

"You don't want to kiss on the lips or tell me you love me but you decide you want to do it on the couch?" Wonyoung teased as Yujin's lips reached her collarbones, one hand protectively on her hip. There were no marks left, all soft and lovey.

"Got a problem with it?" Yujin bit down gently. "I can stop if you want, Wonnie."

"Don't."

Yujin's eyes gleamed as she continued. She sucked a pink mark into Wonyoung's rib that made her whine and lift her back off the couch in a sharp jerk.

"I love you," Wonyoung whispered, tucking a lock of hair behind Yujin's ear as she came up again.

Yujin gazed at her. "Me too," she said softly, stroking Wonyoung's cheek with her knuckles. Her other rested on the waistband under Wonyoung's pants.

Just then, the doorbell rang.

"YUJIN! OPEN UP!"

Yujin bit a couch pillow and screamed into it before Wonyoung laughed and cupped her cheeks, reassuring her it was okay. "Go get it," she giggled, kissing her nose.

Yujin trudged to the door, all worked up and now deflated, all the pressure in her tummy dissipating.

"Hyunseo!" she exclaimed, surprised, when the younger girl met her at the doorstep. She held a canvas bag that contained a couple of tupperwares.

"Hey Yujin! I'm staying for dinner," Hyunseo announced, showing her the bag and strolling into the house. Wonyoung was still on the couch.

Hyunseo and Wonyoung immediately met, and the younger girl squealed excitedly.

"ARE YOU STAYING FOR DINNER?!" Hyunseo yelled, running up to her.

Wonyoung nodded, not really registering the question or who this child was. "Uh, yeah!"

Hyunseo rubbed her hands together. "This is so great!"